Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More bowel troubles again

More bowel troubles again

Oh dear, this has put me in a panic today.

I woke up this morning with stomach cramps, pains, and a general uneasy stomach, felt sick as well.

Went the toilet, and it was normal.

Cramps and pains continued and half an hour later had a bought of diarrhea, and I had eggy wind (sorry tmi).

Then an hour later, another bought of diarrhea.

My stomach stills feels on edge and sensitive, and I'm panicking it's some form of IBD(yes, again). I don't normally get symptoms like this first thing in the morning, and haven't had this sort of uneasy stomach for quite some time, so I'm worried.

I can't think of any food triggers, although I probably ate a lot of rubbish yesterday and day before. Two nights ago I ate a packet of spicy plant based chicken pieces, which I've done in the past with no issues. Stress wise I heard a comment yesterday which has lead me to believe (possibly wrongly) that my new workplace won't be extending my contract beyond December, and the thought of being unemployed again is incredibly worrying. Didn't sleep much last night worrying about it.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 02-12-20 at 15:17.

Re: More bowel troubles again

Ruling out your HA "diagnosis" of IBD why do you think you've got an upset stomach now?

What's the logical non-dramatic explanation for this?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Ruling out your HA "diagnosis" of IBD why do you think you've got an upset stomach now?

What's the logical non-dramatic explanation for this?
    Stomach bug maybe?

I guess it's possibly a stress reaction to the job worry.......

But I suppose I've had quite a bit of stress going on recently and my bowels haven't been affected much until now.

Diet I'd say no because I've managed to eat those spicy things before without issues, and I had curry on the weekend with no probs.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 02-12-20 at 15:26.

So it's got to be colitis/crohns/bowel cancer at the very least?

Or maybe just an IBS flare or something mundane like a stress reaction to the prospect of losing your job?

Hope your guts have settled anyway..I know how worrying a time this must be for you re your job and I hope you get some reassuring news about it asap.

Well.......you know how it is with people like myself, you always jump to the worst case scenario.

Which is apparently what's happened with my job. Because I'm a contractor rather than a staff member, I'm not entitled to holiday pay, and our department are more or less shutting for two weeks over xmas/new year. I am on their payroll though, so I'm not self employed. All a bit confusing. But apparently they still want me from January onwards until they create a full time position (which I will still have to apply for).

Bowels seem better tonight, but they've felt dodgy all day tbh. I also feel absolutely exhausted - can that be an IBS thing? I listened to my hypnotherapy tracks on lunchbreak and fell as asleep! I also took two immodims this morning so I’ll probably have a panic if I have diarrhea again.

How are things with you anyway? Are you in any sort of lockdown/tier over there?
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 02-12-20 at 21:28.

I'm in tier 2 for what it's worth! Adds to my already challenging home scenario but hey ho..Not sure it's much different from "lockdown" but the tea shops are now open so that's a bonus for me!

Exhaustion is pretty normal with anxiety and you did have a pretty troubled night didn't you? Really glad the job situation has been clarified and that you have some stability although I do appreciate that the full time position is not yours yet (if you want it, that is).

How is your uncle? How are you coping with that in the background as well?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm in tier 2 for what it's worth! Adds to my already challenging home scenario but hey ho..Not sure it's much different from "lockdown" but the tea shops are now open so that's a bonus for me!

Exhaustion is pretty normal with anxiety and you did have a pretty troubled night didn't you? Really glad the job situation has been clarified and that you have some stability although I do appreciate that the full time position is not yours yet (if you want it, that is).

How is your uncle? How are you coping with that in the background as well?
    Well to be honest, tea/coffee shops are more important to me than a pub as well! Drakeford has banned the sale of alcohol in pubs/restaurants if you didn't know, and any hospitality business has to close at 6pm. To be honest, it had to be happen - the amount of people out last Saturday in my local town was mad - no social distancing either of course.

Yeah I'd love the job, it's working from home at the moment, but the office is only 5 mins from my house anyway.

Uncle's struggling along, he had to spend 10 days in hospital recently with an infection and his bile stent had failed. Had another one put in and came out last weekend. He's skin and bones the poor guy, but apparently the tumour has stopped growing. The dr's think it's the chemo working (he's only had 3 mild cycles), but they don't know he's been taking 'extra strong' CBD oil I sourced since diagnosis! I swear it's that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Cramps and pains continued and half an hour later had a bought of diarrhea, and I had eggy wind (sorry tmi).

Thems what I call 'danger farts'.

A Shart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    A Shart.
    It's happened to us all. That moment when the ol' tum's a bit sqiffy and you chance a fart when you really shouldn't have done.

I had a mate at work who told the manager she wasn't feeling well and she'd have to go home. He refused, so she went into the bogs - retrieved her soiled knickers from the bin and tossed them onto his desk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information