Sorry for all of the posts as of late, it's been a rough few months (and I know I'm not alone in that!)

I currently work full time in an admin position in research. I love my job. However, it pays peanuts. I can usually get by, but this year being 2020 I had several big expenses come up and have needed to supplement with a side gig. I was, pre-pandemic, delivering food for a delivery company. It was fine. Super flexible which I loved. But it was away from the home which, pre-pandemic, was unfortunate since I wanted to be able to spend more time with my dog, and now when I'm working from home for my other job anyway, I'd just rather stay home and away from the public.

So, I applied for a customer service position in the same company. I actually had to apply several times before I got an interview and I got the job. I started training yesterday and honestly my stress levels are through the roof. So far it seems like a totally doable job, which is great, and everyone in corporate has been very helpful. The pay is great and what I need right now.

I'm just really anxious about actually starting the work, and having second thoughts because the position is far less flexible than I'm used to for a side gig. I'll be working anywhere from 15-20 hours a week and there are certain availability requirements I have to meet. I can drop shifts, but someone else has to pick them up or I think I get in trouble. I can also request time off when I am inputting availability but that is on a case by case discretionary basis. I guess I'm just afraid I'm going to feel trapped - although to be honest I do need hours to make money and where else am I going right now anyway?

It's also been a struggle because I'm trying to put together what my ultimate career plans are because obviously neither of these paths are long-term sustainable. I was working on my master's in college student development but put that on hold with Covid and amid panic that everything would go under and I wouldn't be able to do my practicum or get a position in that field anyway. But I'm really close to being done so I guess I should just push on and finish it?

I don't know. It's just stress, stress, stress and I hate it. I keep telling myself that if this customer service position doesn't work, or begins affecting my mental health in a negative way that I can just quit. Even having that as an option helps me a little bit. And even if I only stick it out for a few months that will help me in a major way.