Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do I give in? Why do I believe Dr Google will ever help me?

Why do I give in? Why do I believe Dr Google will ever help me?

Hi

Me again

Still stuck in their nightmare so me being a idiot earlier thought I would google and hope to see anxiety or health anxiety as a cause for a symptom 😔

I had googled feeling of impending doom and got an article about how a feeling something bad is going to happen is sometimes a sign of an impending heart stroke or blood clot

Totally my fault for stupidly googling but it’s done now and I’m dealing with the consequences of my stupid actions

I’m speaking to my doctor tomorrow god willing

I hope I can put my mind at rest I hate this so much 😞

Re: Why do I give in? Why do I believe Dr Google will ever help me?

Was it mysticmeg.co.uk that told you that?

Hi

It was something called Healthline 🤷*♀️

I should google being an idiot 🤦🏻*♀️

Will you do it again next time though and still curse your actions? What will stop you from consulting Dr Google again?

Hi

I hope not pulisa 😞

My chest ache is quite bad at the minute I’m not coping I really hope my doctor will see me tomorrow

I am beyond scared 😥

X

And if the GP tells you that it's all an anxiety response will you believe her?

Hi pulisa

If she listens to my heart and checks me over then yes I will

I’m in pain so I am going to talk to her about painkillers I’ve always been a little too scared to take anything I’m already on quite a lot of medication but nothing heavy just ibs amitriptaline for fibromyalgia and thyroxine because my thyroid doesn’t work I also take 1 ibuprofen a night to help with the morning stiffness and pain

Plus I am so low mood wise this time around I don’t understand why maybe it’s just because of the year we have all had I was like this in the summer as well and it’s draining

Thank you for replying it really does help to think about your questions

Xx

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredCaz View Post
    Still stuck in their nightmare so me being a idiot earlier thought I would google and hope to see anxiety or health anxiety as a cause for a symptom 

I had googled feeling of impending doom and got an article about how a feeling something bad is going to happen is sometimes a sign of an impending heart stroke or blood clot
    Problem is in the wording...

I just typed in 'Feeling of impending doom AND ANXIETY' and the first few returns were anxiety disorder - which is what you need to be reading.

Google can be very helpful in this way, but your negative bias (and raging HA) will have you homing in on anything that feeds it - so you will inevitably see something like 'feeling of impending doom - heart attack'. BOOM. HA is nommining away like a good un!

For me, I know that I get a profound sense of doom prior to a panic attack (mostly nocturnal with me) and it is a horrible sensation which I have had more times than I can remember...

The first time it happened, I woke up in the early hours with this awful feeling that something terrible was going to happen, then my heart started racing and all sorts of horrid symptoms. I genuinely thought I was having a heart attack and I crawled into my son's bedroom so that I could see him before I carked it. In hindsight, that probably wouldn't have happened had I been having an actual heart attack...

Google must be used responsibly (lol) or not at all.

Let me explain this sensation to you and why it happens...

It's caused by stress because being stressed releases stress hormones into the body and they target specific parts in order to assist fight or flight - E.G the digestive system gets a BIG hit because it needs to purge urine, poo etc in order to be as unhindered as possible to run like buggery or to stay and fight. Problem is that the brain doesn't know the difference between an axe murderer coming at you or you lying in bed fretting about work or whatever - it will respond the same way. Stress hormones also target the amygdala - which is the area in the brain where fear originates from. The amygdala basically goes on high alert - which is what it is meant to do in order to keep us alive.

Panic attacks that happen 'out of the blue' like with my nocturnal ones - are where this sensation is the most overwhelming because there appears to be no reason for it..

Dealing with this symptom is the same as any other panic attack symptom - you have to calm the body down by deep breathing and then burning off the stress hormones by moving about - and once the body has calmed down - this sensation will subside.
    Last edited by NoraB; 03-12-20 at 09:54. Reason: clams lol

Hi Nora

Thank you so much for your reply it really did help me x

I’m up early ready to ring the surgery at 8 and hopefully my doc will see me and help ease this a little

I can sense my family are getting fed up which doesn’t help because I’m trying to pretend I’m ok and I’m not

Hopefully I can update later with a more positive attitude and a new sense of wanting to kick HA,s ass 🤨

Thank you again xx

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredCaz View Post

I can sense my family are getting fed up which doesn’t help because I’m trying to pretend I’m ok and I’m not
    Pretending takes energy and you need all the help you can get - so don't pretend to be OK simply for their benefit. You didn't ask for this mental health condition. X

Hopefully I can update later with a more positive attitude and a new sense of wanting to kick HA,s ass 廊
    KICKING HA'S ASS!! That's what I like to hear! And you can do it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information