Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do I give in? Why do I believe Dr Google will ever help me?

Re: Why do I give in? Why do I believe Dr Google will ever help me?

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredCaz View Post
    I’m in pain so I am going to talk to her about painkillers I’ve always been a little too scared to take anything I’m already on quite a lot of medication but nothing heavy just ibs amitriptaline for fibromyalgia
    Has any consideration been given to slowly increasing the amitriptyline dose to a level that would be effective for anxiety? Just a thought.

Hi all

Bit of an update I spoke to my doctor yesterday

She as always was lovely and did make me feel better she has referred me to something called “Enhanced health team” I can’t quite remember she said they help people who have mental and physical health problems and one impacts the other

I asked her about my new bed being the culprit for my pain in that it may have set my fibromyalgia off she said that was absolutely possible she told me to take a naproxen with my amitriptaline and meberbrevin at night until I get used to my bed which she is confident I will

We agreed together that I wouldn’t go round and get checked over by her she said we both know nothing will be found and sometimes a doctor checking you over can feed the anxiety and make things worse

On the whole I feel reassured I’m hopeful for this team she has referred me to I hope they can help me before I go mad

I took a naproxen last night I have taken them before but new medication does scare me because of side effects but I need to help myself as much as anything else

I still feel very low and down I usually love Xmas I’m struggling to muster up any excitement for anything I hope that lifts soon

No one has ever suggested upping the amitriptaline to help with my anxiety I’m not sure why

Thanks again all x

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredCaz View Post

I asked her about my new bed being the culprit for my pain in that it may have set my fibromyalgia off she said that was absolutely possible she told me to take a naproxen with my amitriptaline and meberbrevin at night until I get used to my bed which she is confident I will
    Have you ever read the story about the Princess and the Pea? Well I aint no Princess, but I know how she feels. I have fibromyalgia and I had chronic back pain and all sorts of mither with new mattresses, car seats etc

On the whole I feel reassured I’m hopeful for this team she has referred me to I hope they can help me before I go mad
    I've been mad. I wouldn't recommend it.

I still feel very low and down I usually love Xmas I’m struggling to muster up any excitement for anything I hope that lifts soon
    It will. Keep the faith. X

Thank you NoraB 😌

I really appreciate your input ☺️ Xx

I ask myself this 5 times a day. Also if that impending doom theory were true, I’d be dead by now

I've never heard of an "Enhanced Health Team" but anything "enhanced" has got to be an improvement on the usual bog standard fare..

I'm sure you are aware that you need to take the naproxen with food to guard against stomach ulcers. It's good that anti inflammatories help with the pain element.

Living with chronic pain is exhausting and depressing. No wonder you aren't looking forward to Xmas.i hope the naproxen and the input from this new team make some significant difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information