Thread: New guy in a panic

New guy in a panic

I’m Dan I’m 32 from Essex UK, I’m a healthcare manager, I’m a husband who really loves his wife, and I want to say my anxiety is caused by work but I can’t be sure of that.

I’ve been crying a tonne, left jobs over it, just in a new home with a new job, and I’m having a really big episode. Heart palps, racing dark thoughts, super tearful, need constant reassurance, so much so I broke down to a pharmacist, who maybe one of the kindest people I’ve ever met, told me her journey and led me here

Thinking of trying CBT, I think I’ve hit my rock bottom and I know I need change

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya DanielLaw and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
    are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
    support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: New guy in a panic

Hi Daniel, and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLaw View Post
    I’m Dan I’m 32 from Essex UK, I’m a healthcare manager, I’m a husband who really loves his wife, and I want to say my anxiety is caused by work but I can’t be sure of that.

I’ve been crying a tonne, left jobs over it, just in a new home with a new job, and I’m having a really big episode. Heart palps, racing dark thoughts, super tearful, need constant reassurance, so much so I broke down to a pharmacist, who maybe one of the kindest people I’ve ever met, told me her journey and led me here

Thinking of trying CBT, I think I’ve hit my rock bottom and I know I need change
    Sorry to hear how your feeling you need to talk it really helps, l had cbt it helped me can't do any harm to try, you have come to the right place you will find lots of lovely like minded people here with good advice, but remember keep talking and if you need to cry that's ok too, its a sign of strength not weakness hope you find some comfort take care xx

Hi Daniel and welcome to the group

Hi Dan, welcome and all that..

Interesting opener..

just in a new home with a new job, and I’m having a really big episode. Heart palps, racing dark thoughts, super tearful, need constant reassurance, so much so I broke down to a pharmacist, who maybe one of the kindest people I’ve ever met, told me her journey and led me here
    New job, new house - MASSIVE stressors.

Absolutely try CBT. Your GP can refer you or you can self-refer using the NHS CBT webpage.

Don't worry about hitting rock bottom mate - sometimes we need to hit the bottom in order to push ourselves off the floor and back up again.

You guys are bloody lovely ! So nice to know I’ve got people to talk to now who understand x

Thankyou for taking the time to reply,

I know I’ve put a lot on myself haha, life just took a turn this way, during COVID etc

I’m trying to remember it’s a lot to put on anyone and show myself some compassion, but I’m not very kind to me, and I just keep thinking ‘I want it to go away, it keeps sabotaging my life’ but I know it’s not that simple.

I’ve been medicated a lot before with SSRIs and Diazepam and it was a nightmare, I think I’ve become anxious about being anxious.

I really want to start learning how to manage better and I’m told CBT is really helpful with that

Thankyou for taking the time to reply,

I know I’ve put a lot on myself haha, life just took a turn this way, during COVID etc

I’m trying to remember it’s a lot to put on anyone and show myself some compassion, but I’m not very kind to me, and I just keep thinking ‘I want it to go away, it keeps sabotaging my life’ but I know it’s not that simple.

I’ve been medicated a lot before with SSRIs and Diazepam and it was a nightmare, I think I’ve become anxious about being anxious.

I really want to start learning how to manage better and I’m told CBT is really helpful with that
    Life's shit doesn't go away without effort on our part. I speak from experience here, and I've had some serious shit to deal with in my time.

I came across a brilliant quote recently - which I keep intending to use as my signature..

There is within you a spirit that is greater than whatever is going on around you.

Hi Dan,
    You are not alone re the anxiety as you will soon see when you read through threads on this site. Definitely go and see your GP. Get some counselling which can be done online. Consider medication that can help you manage the anxiety so you can function properly. There is plenty of other things out there like meditation. These can help you turn the corner.
    best Rad1

Thread Information