I’ve heard a few people mention they have shotty nodes that no longer seem to give them any trouble or panic HA-wise. I would be curious to hear your stories of how you got past it—was it through a test, several tests, a doctor’s reassurance, the passing of time...? I cannot get over this one on my neck—it’s been an on and off obsession for me since July (and before that I somehow made it 5 years without prodding around.) I can’t stand that I can feel it, that it’s 1.7 cm and that I can see it poking through if I crane my head ultra far to my shoulder. HA keeps telling me I need to go get this checked again because it just can’t be normal. It’s that feeling of feeling like you’ve cried wolf too many times and ow “this is real” and no one will take you seriously and you will end up neglecting what you should have advocated further for (which is the crappiest of HA feelings, isn’t it?)

What strategies have you learned to not panic at the presence of a palatable, somewhat visible lymph node after going to get it checked out?

I have tried telling myself I am not allowed to touch it for a period of days and this sometimes works and other times doesn’t.