Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you learn to live with a “shotty” node?

Re: How do you learn to live with a “shotty” node?

Thank you again guys! I appreciate the replies!

Ugh, I accidentally found yet another node, about an inch away from my main huge one. It’s smaller, but just the fact that I was able to find another on the same chain has be spiraling. I am mad at myself for touching the area. But now I am also panicking. Is it possible to “find” multiple healthy nodes in one spot on your neck?

Quote Originally Posted by Worrywart84 View Post
    Ugh, I accidentally found yet another node, about an inch away from my main huge one. It’s smaller, but just the fact that I was able to find another on the same chain has be spiraling. I am mad at myself for touching the area. But now I am also panicking. Is it possible to “find” multiple healthy nodes in one spot on your neck?
    Ummmm

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I've got a fair few, one on my neck for about 6 years now. My sister has one too similar place that was up during an infection and didn't go down. I was convinced this was something awful but doctor at the time just said we can feel them. He has some and got me to feel his (bit weird now thinking about it)
    well at least it was only a node you were feeling I guess that depends on where the nodes were too LOL

I know :(

I am feeling like I either throw my hands up in the air and just dismiss this forever and not allow myself to ever even entertain this again or...call my doctor and demand more tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Worrywart84 View Post
    I know :(

I am feeling like I either throw my hands up in the air and just dismiss this forever and not allow myself to ever even entertain this again or...call my doctor and demand more tests.
    I can tell you from experience, demanding more tests is only going to hurt your wallet and will do absolutely nothing for your health anxiety. Sure, you may move past this worry, but shortly after a new worry will crop up and you’ll find yourself demanding more tests again. It’s a vicious circle, my advice is to treat the root of the problem, which is the mental health issue.

Very true. I will really try not to let this get the best of me. I know rushing in to the doctor again will only fuel the fire to do that every time. Here’s to hoping the one thing I try not to dwell on is truly nothing and not the one damn thing that’s sinister.

Do you ever get to the point where you just get exhausted with yourself? That’s where I am at right now.

For sure I’ve hit that point before. But in a way those low points can be incredibly helpful because that’s when I found the most motivation to actually do something about my HA. I stopped focusing on all the things that I perceived as “wrong” with me, and worked on managing the anxiety. Sure enough, all my “symptoms” eventually fade away.

For me acceptance was key. I had to accept that I was fine, accept that I was only experiencing sensations that would not harm me, and accept that eventually it would all pass. I am not saying that’s always easy. But I try very hard to bring my focus back to acceptance when I develop a “symptom”.

Thank you for your reply. That’s a helpful strategy for me to try. I just get so overwhelmed thinking it’s real it’s real it’s real and then I torture myself into believing it by touching/poking constantly to remind myself they are there and then viewing them every which way in the mirror until I can see them poking through just so I can scare myself. Such an awful state to be stuck in. I hope I haven’t spiraled so deep where there is no hope of talking myself out of this one. I have an annual check up in like, 6-7 months. Wondering if I will honestly be able to wait until then to have them examined once more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information