Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss!

Weight Loss!

Hey I’m Matt and I’m 18. For years now my main goal has been to gain weight. I never liked the way I looked and have been bullied in the past for being “too skinny”. Those comments used to get to me but I eventually embraced it and noticed that the weight gain would come naturally.

In March of this year I hit a huge milestone of mine (150 pounds). And I was so happy playing tennis everyday and eating like a horse...then came lockdown. Once lockdown came, I was very inactive, didn’t have the biggest appetite, and noticed my weight dropping! I began to overthink this so much to the point where it gave me anxiety and eventually had no appetite at all! I dropped down to 143!! My hardwork was being shredded. The last time I was 143 was in July 2019...

I recently joined a gym hoping it would do wonders but I just got COVID (which is ironically something I’m not stressing about) so I can’t go now. But I have noticed even more weight loss with the virus in me? I’m down to 140 now... I’m honestly so upset and feel empty. I’ve actually been eating fairly decent recently. Could this be caused by a mixture of COVID + inactivity + anxiety?

That’s what my brain thinks but my health anxiety side of me is thinking cancer.

I’ve been having on and off pressure headaches, waking up fatigued and anxiety recently.

Anyone been through this or have any thoughts?
    Last edited by MattBananafone34; 05-12-20 at 07:05.

Re: Weight Loss!

C'mon MattB... you have a very real a logical explanation here. Don't let the dragon pull you into the rabbit hole again.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MattBananafone34 View Post
    Hey I’m Matt and I’m 18. For years now my main goal has been to gain weight. I never liked the way I looked and have been bullied in the past for being “too skinny”. Those comments used to get to me but I eventually embraced it and noticed that the weight gain would come naturally.

In March of this year I hit a huge milestone of mine (150 pounds). And I was so happy playing tennis everyday and eating like a horse...then came lockdown. Once lockdown came, I was very inactive, didn’t have the biggest appetite, and noticed my weight dropping! I began to overthink this so much to the point where it gave me anxiety and eventually had no appetite at all! I dropped down to 143!! My hardwork was being shredded. The last time I was 143 was in July 2019...

I recently joined a gym hoping it would do wonders but I just got COVID (which is ironically something I’m not stressing about) so I can’t go now. But I have noticed even more weight loss with the virus in me? I’m down to 140 now... I’m honestly so upset and feel empty. I’ve actually been eating fairly decent recently. Could this be caused by a mixture of COVID + inactivity + anxiety?

That’s what my brain thinks but my health anxiety side of me is thinking cancer.

I’ve been having on and off pressure headaches, waking up fatigued and anxiety recently.

Anyone been through this or have any thoughts?
    Hi Matt, sorry to hear how you’re feeling. Although much older than you i am one of life's naturally slim people, rarely do i ever put on any weight (friends who struggle with their weight hate me!) but its just how my metabolism works that i burn of calories quickly, that coupled with life long anxiety, poor appetite & you can see where i’m going with this. You certainly sound fit & healthy & lets face it this covid has bought countless stress & worry to the best of us. Try to ignore it as best you can, eat what you can when you can, maybe more protein rich foods & remember some of us are not meant to be big, lets embrace what we are Matt. Take care.

In 20 years you'll look back at how easy you found it to lose weight and cry into your fat folds.

You're overthinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    In 20 years you'll look back at how easy you found it to lose weight and cry into your fat folds.
    Now here we are COMPLETE agreement.

I was slim all my life (and could eat literally anything) until I hit mid-life and then I biffed up to 10 stone and only had to glance sideways at a cream bun for it to add inches to my waist and pounds onto my arse.

Severe anxiety and exercise this year has taken a stone off (I'm not complaining) but I still have back-fat - and my stomach has 20 folds when I sit down- almost as many chins as I now have!

Enjoy it while you can mate.

My dad has said that I gotta dance around the shower to get wet, I am skinny he reckons so i’m going to attack this banana,caramel cream pie
    With my anxiety and depression I find it hard eating anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    My dad has said that I gotta dance around the shower to get wet, I am skinny he reckons so i’m going to attack this banana,caramel cream pie
    With my anxiety and depression I find it hard eating anything.
    I lost 2 stone when I had my breakdown.

That is a lot of weight Nora, I am tall and 52k’s. I found it hard to eat before and after my breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    That is a lot of weight Nora, I am tall and 52k’s. I found it hard to eat before and after my breakdown.
    I'm 5 ft 1" (was 5ft 8 in the 80s but that was down to my mullet) This means that I take on a very rotund appearance when I biff out - pregnant or otherwise. Or I go totally the other way with anxiety (or eating disorders). 8 stone is about right for me. My body likes that weight, but the menopause has other ideas...

Thank you guys for the thoughtful responses. I do appreciate it.

I remember talking to my doctors about my weight whenever I had a yearly checkup. They were never concerned about it and always told me “just wait till you hit your 20s and your metabolism slows down”.

Losing 4kg is stressful for a person who’s main goal is to gain weight. I just have to let time do it’s thing and hopefully my appetite will get back to what it used to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information