Thread: (Sorry -TMI) Yellow watery discharge?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

(Sorry -TMI) Yellow watery discharge?

Sorry if I keep posting over the last few days, but fortunately they aren't duplicates - just getting in one of my really bad phases where everything scares me.

Also sorry if this is TMI, but for the past few days I've been getting yellowy discharge, often quite watery in texture. I've looked it up and Google is saying this is common before a period (I am actually anxiously waiting for a period). I think that I have had it before - it has something to do with small amounts of blood mixing in with the normal discharge. It also said it tends to produce more down there before the period.

Although I think I have definitely had it before, I am still anxious about it as I don't remember it lasting this long before the period or being this much, but then again I wouldn't have paid any attention for it when I wasn't so desperately waiting for my period. I dug a bit further in Google (which, I know, bad idea) and found a source saying it could be a sign of early pregnancy. However, even this source cited oncoming menstruation as the most likely cause.

Is this a worrying thing and has anything experienced something similar? For the record there are no other symptoms such as itchiness or smells so no infection.

Re: (Sorry -TMI) Yellow watery discharge?

I think yellow discharge is a sign of an infection. I've had similar before and it was thrush, even though thrush is usually white and cottage cheese like!

Thanks for the reply - I have read that but I have no other signs of infection (no smell, no itchiness). Did you have any of these when you had thrush? I know many women get it but I've never had it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Libra96 View Post
    Thanks for the reply - I have read that but I have no other signs of infection (no smell, no itchiness). Did you have any of these when you had thrush? I know many women get it but I've never had it before.
    I had no signs at all. Just yellow discharge, and it was slightly itchy at times. It could also be normal though.

Thread Information