Thread: Health anxiety about cancer

Health anxiety about cancer

Hello I am new to this forum and I been suffering from health anxiety for months on end. First I was scared that I had non hodkgins lymphoma since I was 14 to 15 years old. I have had two ct scans and a couple of ultrasounds. MY ent doctors said the lymph nodes didn't look suspicious. But I have a hard time believing them and its hard to when you have all these weird symptoms going on. Now I have lumps in my back that doctors say is a lipoma but I have hard time believing them what should I do? I'm convinced I have cancer all over my body. I been worried since 14 years old and its driving me crazy. Now I'm having urine problems but I'm convinced that tumors are in my spine now.

Re: Health anxiety about cancer

I would say you should start seeking treatment for the real illness - health anxiety. There are some really useful cbt tools on this forum you can start with. You’ll see when reading through others posts on here that it’s a common problem amongst HA sufferers to mistrust what the docs have said. Learning to move past that is the first step.

Thread Information