Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found lump in breast and it's sore

Found lump in breast and it's sore

I haven't been able to check my breasts in months because it causes me too much anxiety. But i decided to try it yesterday and found a lump. But it's also quite sore where the lump is. I've never had this before. It's the kind of soreness you'd get if you banged it, but i certainly don't remember doing that. I'm really scared now. I had been trying to look forward to Christmas but this is just ruining it. Im going to my doctor on Wednesday about something else so I'll ask her to look at it.
    I'm really getting worried about this. I've never had a sore area like that before. Has anyone else, and it wasn't caused by a bang?
    My last mammogram was about 7 months ago.

Re: Found lump in breast and it's sore

I'm really trying to think rationally about this. I had a mammogram 7 months ago, which I hope is good that it isn't too long ago.
    I haven't been doing too bad all day (well for me anyway) but every now and then I slip into a complete panic.
    There's definitely a roundish lump under the skin and it's sore to touch it. I've found lumps before that took me off to the doctor, but they were never sore.
    I don't want to google but has anyone here ever experienced a sore breast lump? I could really do with some reassurance at the moment

There are other active posts about the same thing in this sub-forum so have a read.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    There are other active posts about the same thing in this sub-forum so have a read.
    Thanks for the advice Nicola, but honestly, I've looked and I can't find any other threads about the same issue.
    I read down through a few pages of threads and I did a search for sore breast lump but can't find anything.
    Am I missing something here or doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Perhaps by taking a look BACK in your history would shed some light?
    If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see similar threads including one of yours.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see similar threads including one of yours.

Positive thoughts
    I know there's loads of threads about breast lumps, and I've had a few myself too.
    But I've never had a sore breast lump and I can't find threads about one either.
    I seem to be able to find everything breast related except a sore lump
    Bloody HA, it will always find some reason to make this one different!!!

Can anyone at all relate to this? A small round hardish lump in my breast that's sore to touch it. Although I don't think it's quite as sore this evening.
    I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and I'm starting to get so worried about it the last few hours. Can't stop feeling it.
    It's on the inside of my right breast, fairly close to the centre of my body. And it's definitely not one of my ribs I'm feeling.

Are you sure it isn't a boil or cyst

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Are you sure it isn't a boil or cyst
    I've never had either of them so I don't I know what they would even feel like.
    How would you tell the difference between a boil/cyst compared to a lump?

I'm in such a state now. Just been to see the doctor. She gave me a breast exam and said she could feel lumpiness there but didn't think it was sinister. She saw i was very anxious and said she'd refer me for a mammogram. Then we both decided there was no need for a referral. So i left the doctors happy enough.
    But then about 20 minutes later she rang me and said she would refer me. She said it's because there's lumpiness there she's referring me. I asked her again did she think it was anything sinister and she said no. But why did she change her mind on the referral? If she really thought something bad might be going on would she say it to me? I'm up in a heap now. So much for having a nice Christmas.
    Should I be concerned or just try to forget about until I get my appointment?

Just to add as well, she also said maybe i should go for yearly mammograms for my own peace of mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information