Thread: Hair salon

Hair salon

Hey y’all... I was at the hair salon and I was getting my hair washed. The lady was a little rough. But at the end she we giving me a massage and she was pressing on my scalp back and forth and we heard a small pop. It didn’t hurt but I think it scared her. And she was like I’m a hurting you... and she wasn’t but I told her she was because it freaked me out too... then my thoughts started spiraling now I’m scared there is some residual damage to my head or neck.

Re: Hair salon

Highly unlikely to be honest.

Do you have any pain etc? Why is this worrying you?

Have you never been to a chiropractor and seen what they do to you lol

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

No pain whatsoever. Not even discomfort. But it scared me. My anxiety has been extra lately and I find myself over analyzing everything. There have been times in the past where I get like neck pain. But ironically enough I have been to the chiropractor multiple times 6 years ago and it brought me back. I just started thinking about what if she twisted my head the wrong way and paralyzed me.

That really isn't possible

How are you treating the anxiety though?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Let me tell you, I visited a chiropractor for the first time a few years ago. That guy cracked my neck and I just laid there for a minute making sure I could still feel all my limbs - it was so loud I thought he’d broken my neck needless to say I haven’t been back.

that being said, it would be in the realm of impossible that you’d had head or neck damage due to hair washing. I think it’s safe to let this one go.

Without any pain, there’s no damage. Pain is literally the signal that something in that area is hurt and needs attention. So without it, your body doesn’t feel it’s anything to worry about (tho the mind obviously takes more convincing when we have anxiety lol) Xx

I've had this happened before! Both the hairdresser and me made eye contact in the mirror in a moment of panic lol! I was freaked at first but I'm still kicking about years later x I can understand it's a stressful moment at first

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thread Information