Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sertraline and sex

Re: Sertraline and sex

Quote Originally Posted by Trixibelle View Post
    Thank you for this. I’ve looked at the post and there are a lot of suggestions there. I’ll have a think about some of them and if not will have to stop sert and maybe think about CBD instead.
    There is some evidence that CBD can be boost the libido and it may reduce anxiety, but this needs more research.

He went out somewhere at about 23:00 and then spent all night in the sofa so can see he is spiralling. 😞
    There can sometimes be nothing more fragile than the male psyche/ego when it comes to sex, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    There is some evidence that CBD can be boost the libido and it may reduce anxiety, but this needs more research.

Mmmm, the way things are going I don’t know that I have a choice but to stop sert and try CBD. I didn’t know about the CBD and libido thing, that’s interesting.

There can sometimes be nothing more fragile than the male psyche/ego when it comes to sex, sadly.
    You’re right. 😞Just spoke to him he’s extremely low, ‘I’ve got nothing left to give, I’ve had enough of everything’

Thanks for all your help nomorepanicdownunder. Xxx

Just spoke to him he’s extremely low, ‘I’ve got nothing left to give, I’ve had enough of everything’
    It might be time for him to discuss how he's feeling with his GP as it could be more than just the intimacy issue. Does he have a history of depression in addition to the PTSD? Even if he doesn't he could be sliding into it now. Anxiety and depression are just differing expressions of the same underlying physical brain dysfunction. Some experience it as anxiety, others depression and many have to contend with both.

Yes he does have anxiety and depression and is having therapy through work. Won’t take any meds.

I’ve come off the sert and have ordered some CBD.

Thanks for the suggestions nomorepanicdownunder.

I’ve come off the sert and have ordered some CBD.
    Please let me know how that works out for you. I don't get much feedback on CBD.

I will do. I searched the forum and was surprised how few threads there were given its popularity. I’ll start a new thread soon about it in the alternate therapies bit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information