Thread: Social Anxiety Problem ?

Social Anxiety Problem ?

Hi,

I think I may suffer from some sort of social anxiety disfunction as when around people (or busy environments) I start to feel very strange symptoms in the head.

For example, on just about every working day I will wake up feeling normal (well normal ish) - however after being for my workplace a couple of hours (in an office) it seems to be around 11:00 am consistently, I will start to feel a strange fuzzy head pressure / brain fog which gradually builds to near unbearable levels where it effects my balance. When feeling like this I find it extremely uncomfortable in communicating with others, I will tend to avoid talking to my colleagues as if they start talking to me at length it just makes me fell even more dizzy. I have experienced this also in other social environments, but never at home or other situations where I feel under control of the environment.

Have felt like for years and have no idea how to be rid of it. Have had head scan, found nothing - tried medication, doesn't work. Was even sent to talk to a counsellor - no effect.

Does anyone else experience this ? Just the sound of certain people's voices will trigger me (I don't really like many of my colleagues, find them strange / hard work), thanks for any feedback !

Re: Social Anxiety Problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Hi,

I think I may suffer from some sort of social anxiety disfunction as when around people (or busy environments) I start to feel very strange symptoms in the head.

For example, on just about every working day I will wake up feeling normal (well normal ish) - however after being for my workplace a couple of hours (in an office) it seems to be around 11:00 am consistently, I will start to feel a strange fuzzy head pressure / brain fog which gradually builds to near unbearable levels where it effects my balance. When feeling like this I find it extremely uncomfortable in communicating with others, I will tend to avoid talking to my colleagues as if they start talking to me at length it just makes me fell even more dizzy. I have experienced this also in other social environments, but never at home or other situations where I feel under control of the environment.

Have felt like for years and have no idea how to be rid of it. Have had head scan, found nothing - tried medication, doesn't work. Was even sent to talk to a counsellor - no effect.

Does anyone else experience this ? Just the sound of certain people's voices will trigger me (I don't really like many of my colleagues, find them strange / hard work), thanks for any feedback !
    Do you think you could be autistic?

Hi Nora,

I was tested for this, however no I am not autistic - just feel strange around people, like now - very fuzzy headed.

Sometimes around people I am fine, other times not. I can sense it as my neck also starts to feel stiff.

Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Hi Nora,

I was tested for this, however no I am not autistic - just feel strange around people, like now - very fuzzy headed.

Sometimes around people I am fine, other times not. I can sense it as my neck also starts to feel stiff.

Nightmare
    Have you ever looked into HSP? (highly sensitive person)

There's a good book by Elaine N Aron on the subject of HSP.

Hi Nora,

Many thanks again for your post. I expect it is very likely that I am highly sensitive, I have been in my workplace only a couple of hours and my head feels tight and fuzzy - really horrible.

Can't wait for this Christmas break, will have a look at the book you had suggested.

Thread Information