Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirtazapine diary

Re: Mirtazapine diary

day 21. I know its only 3 weeks but this seems to be getting worse every day. Struggle to get to sleep felt like i was jumping out my skin - ended up tking zopiclone( havenent taken one in over a year.

any encouragement please

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    day 21. I know its only 3 weeks but this seems to be getting worse every day. Struggle to get to sleep felt like i was jumping out my skin - ended up tking zopiclone( havenent taken one in over a year.
    I think it's time you sought advice from your GP, Paul. Clearly mirtazapine isn't working as a sedative for you, just the opposite it seems. Although uncommon, such paradoxical reactions do occur. Plus 15mg is unlikely to be enough to effectively control your anxiety. Imho, it should have been raised after a week to 10 days and I don't see the point of staying on an inadequate dose for any longer than necessary.

Really sorry haven't kept up with you. I've sent you a PM. Hope the Mirt is working now.

psych stopped the mirtazapine said i should be getting some benefit after 4 weeks. So now im on no AD and to wait a fortnight to seeif shell put me on an AD. really not gelling with this shrink. I really miss the one i was seeing private but shes unwell. so trying to survive on Loraz and olanzapine

There was a mention of Chlomipramine. beenon it before for a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    psych stopped the mirtazapine said i should be getting some benefit after 4 weeks.
    Four weeks still at 15mg?

so trying to survive on Loraz and olanzapine
    If you need it definitely take the lorazepam, but avoid taking it just in case as BZDs actually worsen anxiety and depression over time. If anxiety hits suddenly you can speed up lorazepam's response by crushing the tablet with your teeth and holding the powder under the tongue for a few minutes before swallowing. Not a great taste, but it usually doesn't linger.

PS:

There was a mention of Chlomipramine. beenon it before for a couple of months.
    Clomipramine (Anafranil) is the most potent of the TCAs, and a more potent SNRI than the meds classified as such. While mostly used to treat anxiety disorders on the OCD spectrum, it can be highly effective for the others and also depression. What was your experience with it?
    Last edited by panic_down_under; 03-01-21 at 10:42. Reason: see PS

nor sure what med im getting next if any? got to wait until 15th to see shrink

My son was put on vortioxetine (brintellix) after going through the range of ADs. It's another option and available on the NHS. Doesn't appear to have any side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    My son was put on vortioxetine (brintellix) after going through the range of ADs. It's another option and available on the NHS. Doesn't appear to have any side effects.
    Is your son getting good results from it, Pulisa? The newish SSRIs like vortioxetine seem to work well for some and not at all for most. Which isn't rare. There are a number of meds like that. Guess, it comes down to clicking with a particular combination of biology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information