Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine diary

Mirtazapine diary

Hi all not posted in a while .

Ive spent last year on Douloxetine all the way up to 120mg. i have now come off it and started mirtazapine last week, so day 10. I'm also on olanzapine 15mg per day and 2mg loraz.I thought when i started i would get the knock out sleep but i struggle to get to sleep since reducing my dulox- here's hoping things improve. this week is my second on mirt and my 1st without any duloxetine.

hoping some words of encouragement for fellow mirtazapine buddies as the last 3 days have been absolute hell. so tired but pacing around.

sorry not best post, but my cognitive skills pretty poor at moment

Warmest regards,
    Paul

Re: Mirtazapine diary

I guess not a poular medication

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    I guess not a poular medication
    No, there hasn't been many posting about it lately.

hoping some words of encouragement for fellow mirtazapine buddies as the last 3 days have been absolute hell. so tired but pacing around.
    Both the olanzapine and mirtazapine can be very sedating. I'm guessing the agitation is mostly a withdrawal symptom from stopping the duloxetine. Olanzapine is probably easing it, but it seems not completely eliminating it.

day 14 really starting to struggle. praying this shall pass soon as the anxiety is with me all day. or for the couple of hrs i geet with lorazopam. I was hoping by know it would have helped a bit more. not sure wether to try hold on or call it a day with mirt. I dont even get the tried feeling after taking it in the evening. Any kind words of encouragement would be really greatful for.

Take care Folks,
    Paul
    Last edited by Sober2000june; 16-12-20 at 19:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Sober2000june View Post
    day 14 really starting to struggle. praying this shall pass soon as the anxiety is with me all day. or for the couple of hrs i geet with lorazopam. I was hoping by know it would have helped a bit more.
    Unfortunately, ADs take quite a while to work, typically 4-12 weeks, Paul. There is no way of speeding this up.

not sure wether to try hold on or call it a day with mirt. I dont even get the tried feeling after taking it in the evening.
    What dose are you on, Paul? Sedating antihistamines like mirtazapine are typically most sedating at low doses becoming less so as it increases. The optimum mirtazapine dose for insomnia is <=15mg, preferably taken an hour or two before lights out. You have the added complications of possibly duloxetine withdrawal and the effect olanzapine is having on histamine receptor binding.

Hi Ian,

I am currently on 15mg of mirt.

Kind regards Paul

I was on Mirt for a couple of years. A real life saver for me so stick with it. Bit of a bugger to come off but looking at your nickname its not as bad as the old sauce! Mine is feb 2008 by the way. Nice to see a friend of Bill W's on here.

Thanks for your support Medesis; Lovely to have a fellow trudger. I keep telling myself that i am one of the sad unfortunates that the meds won’t work. My last psychiatrist is in the fellowship as well. Once again thanks for your support because week three of this mirt is destroying me. I really appreciate your support in this. Living one minute at a time at the moment. Take care my friend

Are you doing Zoom meetings? If so which ones are you going to. Private message me the codes and we can meet each other at a meeting. "God bless you and keep you - until then!"

Managed to watch a movie last night and chill this afternoon watchng ASMR video. tonight anxiety still running the show with its bedfellow depression. anyway onwards and upwards ODAAT

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information