Thread: Feel So Bad

Feel So Bad

Had a really bad day yesterday woke up shaking all over which pretty much continued all day, just don’t know whats wrong with me, feel like there’s an impending sense of doom hanging over me, in the space of 5 minutes i can go from happy to sad, just want to hide away. Today i feel so nauseous & i don’t know why, could it be caused by anxiety & the way i’m feeling. Just want to feel normal & not struggle through every day.

Re: Feel So Bad

I’ve had those days as well, Redsmum. I try to do things I enjoy on those days, things that help give me some relaxation. It can most definitely be caused by anxiety. I know it’s not easy, but if you can let the sensations just wash over you and disregard them, it’s likely to pass much quicker.

Thanks Glassgirl, it helps to know i’m not the only one to feel like this, i’m just so down at the moment & i’m on citalopram so really shouldn’t be suffering like this. But tomorrows another day & i can only hope for a better one. Take care.

Good for you for being able to do the meds. I’ve tried many many times and never been successful. I think they would help me. But I have horrible panic attacks after taking just one pill. I just haven’t been able to overcome it.

Have you tried anything else glassgirl e.g Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Hypnotherapy or maybe counselling, i’ve done all of them in previous years and they’ve definitely helped me a lot in understanding why i’m the way i am, they teach you various coping strategies which i’ve never forgotten and use all the time. For me although not a complete cure they’ve lessened the intensity of my feelings about the way i am.

I’ve tried therapy, like talk based therapy. I’m absolutely horrible at that because I tend to be a “bottler” - I don’t like talking about my problems, I tend to just bottle them up and eventually they go away or explode lol. Not the best strategy.

honestly the sticky posts on this forum have helped me tremendously. I still will go back and read through them if I’m having a rough patch. I don’t know if we have “formal” CBT therapy in the states but I have gone through the CBT materials on this forum and they have been helpful. I just wish it was a “cure-all” but the reality is it isn’t. Just have to keep working at it until it’s second nature!

I know what you mean about bottling it up i must admit i did find it really hard at to talk about stuff when i first saw a counsellor, i come from a family that never talks about ‘feelings’ so it was just second nature to me to keep it all in.

You reminded me about the sticky posts i must take some time out to read through them & you’re so right it does need to become second nature which is easier said than done, but i do feel i’m getting a bit better at it & lets face it what a year we’ve all had & are still having.

Thread Information