Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Lung pain and rapid weight loss

Re: Lung pain and rapid weight loss

I understand what you are going through considering I am currently worrying about my own "potential" gallbladder/pancreatitis/pancreatic cancer issue myself. If you are worried, I would definitely consider talking with your doctor. I plan on scheduling an appointment with a gastroenterologist myself. I'ld much rather know than not know, y'know? You're damned either way if you actually do have stage 4 cancer, so you might as well see it coming.

I don't know if this would help ease your fears, but by the time my dad had noticeable enough esophageal pain to be diagnosed with cancer (which by the way, was a constant pain that was bad enough to keep him up at night), he only lived for an additional 8 months, and his condition very rapidly declined. By rapid I mean he became near skeletal from wasting/not eating and he was by no means a small man (he was 5'10'' and approximately 300 lbs. precancer). Considering that this thread was started about 5 months ago, and that was when I assume you started experiencing various cancer-like symptoms, you should be in considerably dire straights by now if you really were dying of any type of stage 4 cancer.

On another not, pain in your sternum when swallowing is actually really common, and I have experienced a few times myself. When anxious, your throat and pharynx constricts, which causes the pain you feel. About the weight loss, unless you are consistently counting calories, you can't be entirely sure that you really are eating enough to maintain your weight (which is about 2000 Calories per day for the average healthy person). And anxiety both enhances your basal metabolism and tends to make people nauseous/reduce their appetite, and so combined could contribute to weight loss. Also, many other things could cause weight loss; benign hormonal imbalances and certain relatively benign gastric issues like celiac, both of which can be tested for with a simple and cheap blood test. Anxiety can also cause swollen lymph nodes.

Hope that you feel better soon!

AbyssalStars could your dad swallow food etc...I can still swallow and drinkI list most of my weight last NovemberI do get pain next to left shoulder after eatingI'm living my life in constant fear and worry non-stopMy symptoms are very tealI'm stuck in a deep rutThe problem is I cannot help myself....I'm amazed that I'm still here after 5 months....

He had a hard time keeping anything down/swallowing. He couldn't eat nearly at all. Re: pain, nausea, malaise associated with esophageal obstruction. If you lost most your weight last November but aren't still shedding the pounds like water, I think you are probably fine. I know that your symptoms are real; both anxiety and other things cause real symptoms. Story time: I had such bad anxiety after my dad died that I could literally induce psychosomatic seizures. I could quite literally flip a switch in my brain that would make my hands and fingers jerk on their own and also induce repetitive movements such as arm swinging and hand circling. I know that these were psychosomatic because I had to be in a certain mental state to induce them (i.e. stressed) and I could easily stop them if I wanted by focusing on other thigs/going on a walk. Does that mean the seizures weren't real? No, but it does mean that my anxiety caused them.

What type of pain in left shoulder? How bad is it? If it was pancreatitis/pancreatic cancer, the pain would be so excruciating all you would be thinking of is A. I need to get to the ER NOW and B. Oh god please kill me now. That is the type of pain that issues with the pancreas causes. It is not something that you can easily brush off and continue with your day; it is a debilitating, all consuming pain to the point of vomiting. This is nearly the type of pain that I am having myself, however, mine is referred to areas that are more classic for gallbladder than pancreas, and yet still I worry.

And once again, if you are really concerned, please go see a doctor just to rule out other causes.

I'm amazed I'm still alive every moment of every day. I feel like I should have died in the car accident with my sister; that I am living on stolen time. I never thought that I would make it to 18, and I am still here at 23. I know that this feeling of imminent death is my anxiety and complex grief messing with my head, even though it feels so real.

Seems like I'm losing mostly weight in my legs....
    I'm losing muscle too.......I'm so scared

BadCompany..You have totally ignored AbyssalStars' heartfelt and insightful post and advice. Don't you think you should at least acknowledge that other people have been through terrible times themselves yet are still trying to help you?

Yes I appreciate AbyssalStars post she has been through alot. ...I try to say thanks to all who spend their time to try to help me
    I guess I try to thank everyone as a whole at one time...
    I'm at the lowest point in my life as I have more and more symptoms as time goes on....I'm in a very bad state of mind
    Looks like I will have to buy a smaller jean size again...
    Again thank you all
    I don't know where my journey will end

BC... it's been years on this subject. There has to be a point where you take personal responsibility and seek real life professional help

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I seemed to start feeling better around September if 2020 then the weight loss for no reason .
    Last time I lost weight in 2019 Is because I quit soft drinks , sugar,carbs but not this time.....

I just don't think this is anxiety because of the symptom progression....
    I've talked to a therapist a few times in 2019
    The drastic weight loss and lymph nodes has me very concerned. ....I'm barely holding on....

I live in constant pain....
    I cannot go on much longer
    This fear of a bad diagnosis I cannot get rid of...
    I'm my current state I couldn't handle it

I feel very alone in this fight.....this is the lowest point in my life....hard to make it through each day...

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread Information