Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lung pain and rapid weight loss

Re: Lung pain and rapid weight loss

We really can't keep providing you with reassurance. If you're that concerned then you need to go to your doctor and either get a diagnosis or an all clear.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    We really can't keep providing you with reassurance. If you're that concerned then you need to go to your doctor and either get a diagnosis or an all clear.
    Amen!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
    there is no explanation for my weight loss is what scares me the most.....
    I lost two stone on the nervous breakdown diet. I had to move my belt over 3 notches then make another 2 for my belt to fit.

Anxiety is the most likely cause oy your weight loss but you need to take responsibility for your health (physical and mental) and see a doctor.

I was the opposite to you with my HA - I was at the doctors that much I had my own parking space (not really, but you get my drift?)

Nobody can diagnose you on here. Only a doctor can do that. What I do know is that more you scare yourself, the more weight you'll lose.

Be brave. Make an appointment, and once you accept that it's your mind which is the issue, you can get help to sort your HA out.

What scares me Nora B is that I still have somewhat of an appetite and eat at least one meal a day .
    I just put 2 and 2 together with my health symptoms the past 2 years and now losing weight I'm really scared and lonely .
    I lie awake at night with all these thoughts and different scenarios going on....
    I've had this frequent urination that keeps me up at night as well and now have center chest pain that gets aggrovated when I eat....

What scares me is that I still have somewhat of an appetite and eat at least one meal a day.
    Most certainly enough to maintain your weight I'm sure Still, a common symptom of anxiety.

I just put 2 and 2 together with my health symptoms the past 2 years and now losing weight I'm really scared and lonely.
    2 + 2 does not equal 1000

I lie awake at night with all these thoughts and different scenarios going on....
    As do we all when we're under stress.

I've had this frequent urination that keeps me up at night as well and now have center chest pain that gets aggravated when I eat....
    Common Anxiety Symptoms

When are you finally going to acknowledge this is anxiety?

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 18-12-20 at 21:19.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

What scares me Nora B is that I still have somewhat of an appetite and eat at least one meal a day .
    I just put 2 and 2 together with my health symptoms the past 2 years and now losing weight I'm really scared and lonely .
    I've had this frequent urination that keeps me up at night as well and now have center chest pain that gets aggrovated when I eat....
    Then go to the doctor. They are literally the only ones that can diagnose you. I understand you’re scared - but wouldn’t you like to put this fear to rest once and for all?

I didn't have the worry and fear until I noticed I had lost weight....thats when the worry started....
    Thanks for the replies so far....

I didn't have the worry and fear until I noticed I had lost weight....thats when the worry started....
    Thanks for the replies so far....
    "So far"? What can anyone actually say at this point?

FMP

It doesn't matter if you have an appetite and eat food.

Here is how it works..

Cortisol is a stress hormone. When people are stressed, they have higher levels of cortisol and this makes the body work harder, so more fuel consumption. Anxiety tends to curb appetite so although we are eating, we're eating less than we normally would AND we are burning more fuel. But I was also having phases where I couldn't stop eating, and was still losing weight!

HA will always lead you to cancer with weight loss because it's worst case scenario. It's a life-threatening disease and our brains are wired for survival - so the fight or flight system kicks in when we think we have cancer. I have had several imaginary cancers, but so far, no actual cancer, and my symptoms were 100% convincing. (to me)

Of course you do. HA will really go to town with you. But, going back to the cortisol - can you see how imagining these scenarios at night, when you are supposed to be resting, will keep that cortisol flowing through the night?

I have had severe HA - so I totally understand you. However, none of what I lay there torturing myself with ever came to pass. In the end, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia - which has to be said is a pain in the @arse (and everywhere else) but is not life threatening. My only experience of real life or death stuff didn't scare me at all because I was actually experiencing something - not imagining it, and reality is usually far less eventful than what we imagine, but we can blame dramatic portrayal on tv for this...

Anxiety will create all kinds of symptoms and all over your body- from your scalp to your toes. Urinary frequentness is very common with anxiety, as is chest pain. Now, chest pain, if new, should always be checked out because that's just common sense. I get chest pain a lot from anxiety and hyperventilation and from something called Costochondritis which can be quite painful. If we get bloating due to anxiety (not breathing properly) - this can put pressure on the lungs which creates chest pain.

I know this feels scary, but that's because you don't understand anxiety and the effects of stress hormones on the human body. When you do know, it's not actually scary at all. I was scared too before I understood what was happening to me and why.

You need to see a doctor who will be able to reassure you that all is well.

Thanks Nora B a bunch
    But doesn't high cortisol cause weight gain ?
    I wake up tonight somewhat sweaty....with chest pain though to the back....
    I never get any sleep anymore with the constant peeing at night and the fear and terror
    Damn losing weight sucks

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information