Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lung pain and rapid weight loss

Re: Lung pain and rapid weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
    Thanks Nora B a bunch
    But doesn't high cortisol cause weight gain ?
    Yes, and it usually deposits it around the waist.

But, stress hormones (which is what cortisol is) mucks about with metabolism, and it can go either way. I've had it both ways.

I wake up tonight somewhat sweaty....with chest pain though to the back....
    I've had night sweats with anxiety. Think of how your body reacts when you are stressed? Cold sweats or flushing of the face or entire body. Classic anxiety symptoms.

My dad (who had cancer) had night sweats which literally required a change of sheets everyday. He wasn't 'somewhat sweaty' - he was drenched in his own sweat, and when you have other severe symptoms (like he did) and no other explanation (like the menopause) then cancer could be a consideration - but even then, it's never a cert.

Chest pain is common with anxiety because we don't breathe properly. We eat too fast, or take too much air in. Our abdomens bloat up which puts pressure on the lungs and we get chest pain - which the HA mind will think is heart attack or cancer. It's neither. It's anxiety.

I never get any sleep anymore with the constant peeing at night and the fear and terror
    Constant peeing is because your body is in fight or flight with anxiety. The body needs to purge itself of anything which will slow you down - so it's common to wee and poo in the middle of the night during times of severe stress.

The only 'terror' is what you're imagining, and that's not real.

The more you put fearful thoughts into your mind, the worse the symptoms will be.

Damn losing weight sucks
    Oh I don't know, I was 10 stone in March and now I'm 9 stone. I needed to lose about a stone and a half to be 'right' for me.

Weight loss is very, very common with anxiety because of appetite issues and the fact that people are just burning a LOT more fuel due to metabolism changes, and these are temporary - they will settle down once you bring your stress levels down.

I lost my father to lc and one if his first symotoms was losing weight....
    What scares me is the muscle loss so quick.....

I lost my father to lc and one if his first symotoms was losing weight....
    What scares me is the muscle loss so quick.....
    Ahhh... I'm so sorry for your loss :( That appears to be the catalyst for the issues you're currently suffering from. Nothing you've said indicates anything other than mental illness and the fact you've been posting on anxiety forums for years affirms that.

You have a choice. Continue on the endless path to mental torture or seek real life professional help What will you chose to do? Your reply will speak volumes I'm sure.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa i appreciate your guidance and knowledge but the symptoms I've had the last two years are still there now with losing weight and chest and back pain....
    A year ago I was losing weight because I put myself on a low fat , sugar free diet but know the weight loss is unexplained with chest pain happening at same time causing this current round if fear, stress etc

Fishmanpa i appreciate your guidance and knowledge but the symptoms I've had the last two years are still there now with losing weight and chest and back pain....
    A year ago I was losing weight because I put myself on a low fat , sugar free diet but know the weight loss is unexplained with chest pain happening at same time causing this current round if fear, stress etc
    Thank you for affirming my post. Many here fear a terminal illness such as yourself and many, including yourself, don't recognize the illness is mental, not physical despite posting on mental health forums

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

After two years with lung cancer, I dare to say you wouldn’t be up to posting on this forum.

Regardless - there is one way to rule this out for sure. Visit your doctor and get it sorted. Then hopefully you can pursue help with the illness you do have - anxiety.

Glassgirlw my fear then as in now was pc
    I'm worried now that it is actually happening and spreading
    I just had a few chocolate pieces and now having sharp left side stomach pains....

Glassgirlw my fear then as in now was pc
    I'm worried now that it is actually happening and spreading
    I just had a few chocolate pieces and now having sharp left side stomach pains....
    Let me revise then...

If you had any kind of rapidly progressive cancer like Pancreatic or Lung, you wouldn’t be up to posting on a forum two years later.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Let me revise then...

If you had any kind of rapidly progressive cancer like Pancreatic or Lung, you wouldn’t be up to posting on a forum two years later.
    You know this, I know this, any member that has been here more than a month or two knows this. BadC doesn't. Sometimes, as illustrated in this case, mental illness can be terminal.

FMP

It’s just so unfortunate to see. I 100% understand the fears because I’ve been there myself. And possibly I wouldn’t have listened either during the worst of my spirals. I’d love so much to be able to help others see that life is much better on the other side of it...not without its blips and reoccurrences, but each time does get a little better and easier to pull out of.

BadCompany I wish you a happy holiday season and hope you can find some enjoyment in it.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information