I have ectopics very rarely and they seem to only happen when I'm thinking about them (of course).

I think most of our body systems have the equivalent of ectopics, it's just that we worry so much about our hearts and heart attacks that we really notice those.

If I think about it, I've had stomach upsets that were absolutely horrible and had they been an equivalent chest problem, I would have been convinced I was dying right that second. But the stomach problem either never recurred or recurred once or twice and always with complete return to normalcy. It's the same with menstruation; if I have a funny period and then return to normal, then have a funny period again eight months later, I tend to think it's just a blip. But with our hearts and with as much attention as is being paid attention to heart disease and heart attack (particularly women having to hear over and over again that they're not even going to know they're having one and making them think they're going to keel over and die any second), we worry more about those blips.

As others have said, we're all different. I guess everybody's blips are different, too.