Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you ever feel anxious and lonely in this Covid19 outbreak?

Re: Did you ever feel anxious and lonely in this Covid19 outbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by meltedchic View Post
    @NoraB Your comment made me remember an article I bumped in the net that says "Stay informed—but don’t obsessively check the news" (here is the article link - https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...us-anxiety.htm). I agree with you. Nowadays, some news are really not news at all, they are not giving honest information, almost are fake news. And another thing that I need to really cut down is my time on social media - twitter posts and comments are not helping with my anxiety :(
    I think it makes an enormous difference. I don't get my news from anywhere other then the BBC because I know it's real, not fake, and I only tune in when Bozzer & Co are giving briefings. I am practically non-existent on Facebook where you currently can't move for soapboxes, fear mongering, and shaming. I just go straight to looking at somebody's purple toe in my fibro groups.

With anxiety, it's really important to control what goes into our mind because we won't be able to turn this shit off once it's in. In distancing ourselves we're practising selfcare.

Last night I watched Upstart Crow with the 1603 Lockdown, and it was very funny but in a way that doesn't belittle the seriousness of our situation.

I do worry about people on here re COVID because this is a mental health forum, and some members are clearly absorbing everything COVID regardless of whether it's real or not and they will be dealing with the effects of this long after life has returned to semi-normality.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Imagining Tom Hardy shaving my cactus legs (with zero repulsion) helps me.

Also, he has no clothes on.

Be still my quivering ovaries.
    Whoaaa... good ovaries

I think it makes an enormous difference. I don't get my news from anywhere other then the BBC because I know it's real, not fake, and I only tune in when Bozzer & Co are giving briefings. I am practically non-existent on Facebook where you currently can't move for soapboxes, fear mongering, and shaming. I just go straight to looking at somebody's purple toe in my fibro groups.

With anxiety, it's really important to control what goes into our mind because we won't be able to turn this shit off once it's in. In distancing ourselves we're practising selfcare.

Last night I watched Upstart Crow with the 1603 Lockdown, and it was very funny but in a way that doesn't belittle the seriousness of our situation.

I do worry about people on here re COVID because this is a mental health forum, and some members are clearly absorbing everything COVID regardless of whether it's real or not and they will be dealing with the effects of this long after life has returned to semi-normality.
    I agree that it is important to control what goes into our minds...That's why we should decipher what news to believe, especially for those who are anxious. It is better to just avoid unnecessary topics in social media that could infiltrate the mind.

I believed BBC more than CNN hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarbind View Post
    I agree that it is important to control what goes into our minds...That's why we should decipher what news to believe, especially for those who are anxious. It is better to just avoid unnecessary topics in social media that could infiltrate the mind.

I believed BBC more than CNN hahaha.
    You both made sense plus what is in the article. It is true the saying that goes 'What you feed your senses is what you let your brain absorb'. True enough that I am so stressed out because one major factor is that I am so attached with media. Thanks for the emphasis.

Fellas,

Are you taking the vaccine? Thoughts? Because I'm hesitant about it...

I would, but they're not even offering it to me.

My APRN said she recommends I take the vaccine and it should be ready in a few more months. Yeah, I'm a bit apprehensive though about it; as well.

I am hesitant too. Would the virus be effective despite that the virus keeps on mutating?

solarbind & meltedchic - please read the PM I have sent again today.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So stressful, I am exhausted!

Hi guys,

I have been having a real tough situation way before this Covid19 pandemic happened - I resigned from work and started online freelancing. I am a single mom of a 12-year old boy who is currently homeschooling. I am feeling stress from all sorts - family, financial, work, household chores - almost everything. Sometimes I find myself daydreaming because I am overwhelm of so many things running in my mind. I need additional income to sufficiently cover everything, but I am struggling.

People have shared their thoughts to be just positive, to focus on healthier things, and yes, I have been doing that. But it seems I am still having a hard time not to worry and not to be stressed out.

What to do? ;(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information