Thread: Tips for reducing 'that' feeling!!

Tips for reducing 'that' feeling!!

Hey all, i have anxiety, sometimes not so bad but last couple of days its lurking like a big black cloud. Today im at work and im bordering on some kind of panicky sensations, so much that im considering going home. Just had to take 5 minutes in the stockroom!
    Any tips for easing this? Tried the breathing...took some herbal pills but obvs not working!!
    Sarah

Re: Tips for reducing 'that' feeling!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahblonde32 View Post
    Today im at work and im bordering on some kind of panicky sensations, so much that im considering going home. Just had to take 5 minutes in the stockroom!
    Any tips for easing this? Tried the breathing...took some herbal pills but obvs not working!!
    Sarah
    You feel wired you mean?

I get that and I jog on the spot to release some energy - then I do the deep breathing.

One thing: do you take medication? If so, watch what herbal stuff you're taking as it can interact with meds and make anxiety worse. I once lost the best part of 24 hours to St John's Wort and a ONE gin and orange! I'd say it had been spiked except I was with my mum and aunty and my drink never left my sight. Last memory I was in the pub sipping my gin at dinnertime - next thing I woke up in my bed with the mother of all migraines! I don't remember a single thing. Bad reaction it seems.

Moral of the story is - don't go drinking with my mother and my aunt!

Only joking: moral of the story is - 'herbal' stuff can shit you up if you're not careful!

Oh my wow!!! Gin is a funny drink though..i can't drink it, makes me cry!!! Had you eaten?
    I have heard that about St johns wort....i take a herbal stress pill, its like Kalms, but im not sure they work. I do have meds but i don't take them...i worry about the side effects🤣.
    I think i might have to take them though...

Hey, I've said this a couple times today but I think it is the word of the day. I hope you find it useful:

"I understand how debilitating these things can be. I think the trick is to infuse your thinking with constructive and meaningful thoughts. Score your imagination and inner-monologue with beautiful and satisfying imagery and ambitions. We sometimes allow our minds to free-write dismal inner-monologues and feel stuck but these thoughts are not the status-quo and shouldn't be entertained. You're a vibrant, charismatic, and important person. Recognise your skills and abilities and set yourself benchmarks for purposeful actions. Pursue hobbies and interests that appeal to you."

There's more to be said.

By all means, reach out on william_taylor@hotmail.co.uk

Happy to discuss it further with you.

Thread Information