Thread: One Armpit Puffier?

One Armpit Puffier?

Juat noticed this tonight and trying not to panic too much. I do have a telemedicine appointment on Thursday for another issue so will address this then, too.

Basically, I noticed that under my right armpit seems puffier than under my left. I can't say it's a definable mass or even a lump but it's just like it is puffier. Maybe feels a bit like some type of muscle under there is more pronounced? I don't know how long it has been like this and I don't think I am explaining it very well.

Anyway, I am freaking out thinking it is the big C.

I just had a baby in July and have two other kids. I am currently breastfeeding and don't know if that contributes?

Either way I feel so scared now. I'd this normal? Anyone else have something similar? Of course stressing about it has given me a headache so that's another thing for me to worry about.

Re: One Armpit Puffier?

I noticed something similar a few years ago. Saw in the shower one day that my right armpit was bigger, or puffier, than my left one. It had me worried for a while thanks to my HA. Like you said, it's probably just slightly larger muscles or tendons. None of us are symmetrical, that's really what it comes down to.
    It's nothing to worry about.

I noticed something similar earlier this year. I have since had a scan and examination and apparently I have some “axillary breast tissue” under that arm! Basically just excess breast tissue that didn’t get the memo about where it was supposed to be! 😂 anyway, could possibly be something similar.from the way you’re describing it. It affects 2-6% of women, I think.
    But if you have a phone appointment anyway, it’s always worth mentioning.

I found this post looking for someone who had experienced something similar. One of my armpits looks a little bit puffier, but i can’t feel a lump or anything, it feels a bit like a muscle strain or something. I only notice it when I haven’t been wearing my bra (I am extremely large chested). I keep telling myself it has to be to do with not wearing my bra, because that’s the only time I notice it...but my anxiety is desperately trying to make me believe something different. If it was something nasty surely I would feel a lump/ have pain or other symptoms/ and I would feel it all the time without a break. Don’t you think?

Thread Information