Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Quick question

Re: Quick question

Couldn't find your suggestion for OCD medication. I got lost reading everything. Can you refresh me? Sry

Quote Originally Posted by SEANML View Post
    Couldn't find your suggestion for OCD medication. I got lost reading everything. Can you refresh me? Sry
    In order, clomipramine, imipramine, amitriptyline. But we've been through this and it was clear that you've so convinced yourself that they will harm you even though the overwhelming evidence contradicts what you believe so it is all moot. The best med in the world won't work if you can't take them.

Didn't think amitriptyline helped OCD. Was going to ask for that med. My ovd/anxiety is preventing me from living

Didn't think amitriptyline helped OCD.
    All ADs may treat OCD, but some might, repeat might have an edge.

Have you heard of Cymbalta? I decided to ask for that med because all the side effects are liked by me

Have you heard of Cymbalta? I decided to ask for that med because all the side effects are liked by me
    Duloxetine is as likely to work as any other AD. If you are willing to take it then go for it.

And please stop reading about side-effects. You don't have the knowledge to evaluate what you're reading and just worrying for nothing. Meanwhile the disorder will likely do you more harm than any of the meds you've rejected ever would. If you'd taken any of the ADs you've asked about you could be anxiety free now.

I understand, in the end I have caused harm (the over eating led to a compromise on my stomach wrap. I get heartburn 24/7 now (wont take ppis as they are nasty long term) Long story short I learnt the path I was going was not the right way to go. I will be talking to my dr at the end of the month. I am making a promise to myself to take Cymbalta I need to start living my life instead of hiding from everything and being all antisocial. My ocd is also through the roof since my heartburn came back 24/7. Scared shitless about getting barrettes now that my surgery stretched. I am praying that I get a new operation but testing takes a year sometimes and then I have to pray he will re operate :( I am a huge mess now so I will take cymbalta if that's the key to ending this insanity.

Thanks again for all your patience and reassurances. You have been a great help and soon I will be on something that helps Even though the damage is already done . Only scary side effect was
    interstitial lung disease. Yes I know I should not have read them.
    Last edited by SEANML; 03-03-21 at 18:56.

so I will take cymbalta if that's the key to ending this insanity
    There are no guarantees in life, but in almost all circumstances doing nothing is the worst of all the available options.

Have you heard of cymbalta and the lung disease? I am going to take it anyways just thought Id ask if that side effect rang a bell.Scared me but I realize every med will have a side effect I wont like so deal with it.
    Last edited by SEANML; 04-03-21 at 15:20.

Have you heard of cymbalta and the lung disease?
    Interstitial lung disease is a listed rare potential side-effect of most SSRIs and SNRIs and at last count some 400 other medications including aspirin and other NSAID painkillers and antibiotics have been associated with it. It is more likely to be a problem in the elderly so maybe stop taking duloxetine when you're 70-75 yo.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information