Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New heart worries. Stings and discomfort in my left side

New heart worries. Stings and discomfort in my left side

I'm new to heart worries, I've been in the health anxiety forum for a while with other worries but this is new. I'm 32 and there is no history of heart disease in my family, other than age related that everyone gets. My diet has been really poor in the last few years but I am slowly working on fixing that. In the last few weeks I have been feeling some stings and general discomfort in the left side of my chest, the location varies a bit but it's often just below the shoulder, this discomfort is also not constant, it comes and goes really. I also have periodic air hunger and have for years and years but it feels more now than usual. I've been obsessing lately over the health app that is on my phone, I have it measure my heart rate and my oxygen level, probably not the most accurate readings but readings nonetheless. It's usually putting me at around 70-100 during regular activities and the blood oxygen can be all over the place, even dipping into the 80s, that's probably not accurate since I'm not turning blue and depends really on what finger I'm using on the sensor. During exercise, for instance today I went for a short jog and I measured at around 160 right after stopping. I sometimes feel a bit lightheaded but that might be from the air hunger and anxiety (although I don't really feel anxious mentally) but I'm now making all sorts of connection to it being my heart.
    These worries first started happening few weeks ago and then came back few days ago when I started to feel this discomfort again. If it was my heart and I was having heart issues would this discomfort and these stings be more constant? I don't really have fatigue and I'm not sweating abnormally either.
    Should I be this worried?

Re: New heart worries. Stings and discomfort in my left side

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    Should I be this worried?
    No

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    No

Positive thoughts
    Why do you think so?

Why do you think so?
    Because I've had two heart attacks and they weren't occasional stings or off and on general discomfort, that's why

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Because I've had two heart attacks and they weren't occasional stings or off and on general discomfort, that's why

Positive thoughts
    Well, sorry to hear that. But I'm also concerned about it being heart disease, not neccesarily a heart attack. I also have a patch on my shin that might be edema, it pits when I push on it hard

Well, sorry to hear that. But I'm also concerned about it being heart disease, not neccesarily a heart attack. I also have a patch on my shin that might be edema, it pits when I push on it hard
    Best to see a cardiologist then. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby

Positive thoughts

Best to see a cardiologist then. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby

Positive thoughts
    Not sure one can just go to a cardiologist without a referral.

Not sure one can just go to a cardiologist without a referral.
    I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I don't know what else to say You're 32 with no history of heart disease. You've been posting your fears for four years and none of those fears have come to fruition. I'm 61, have had two heart attacks, a triple bypass and stents, take several medications for my heart including nitro as needed for much worse chest pain than you're describing. In fact, every time it gets bad enough for a nitro pill, I have to deal with the fact that this could be it for me!

If you feel that strongly that something is wrong, pursue it. As I said, the "Told You So Gang" will be on standby.

FMP

Perhaps treating the real illness would be more beneficial.

Elevated blood pressure. 32 year old overweight male

So about two weeks ago I posted here about some new heart worries then yesterday I posted about a seperate issue in the HA forum but that got a bit derailed into talking about my BP after I had it measured at a doctors office last night. I was a bit high, 140something over 93 (if I remember right), I always do get nervous when I'm talking to the doctor so anxiety is a part of these numbers she also listened to my heart and was happy it has a strong beat and is in rythm. However she did tell me to go again today which I did. My local pharmacy offers BP measurements so I went there, sat down for few minutes and tried to relax, and the first reading was 154/84 but then she had me relax for a bit longer and it went down to 141/79.
    I am a bit overweight, I do like my KFC and pizzas but this has been a kick in the ass to try and change that.
    Should I be concerned about these numbers? Cause it has made me think, I do sometimes get pressure in my ears, I get stings in my chest and pain in my shoulder and I wonder if it can be related, however my posture is awful as well so that can play part too.

I would really appreciate answers from people that have had similar readings or have slimmed down and gotten better.

Re: Elevated blood pressure. 32 year old overweight male

From your previous thread...

I had another measurement as per the doctors wishes yesterday. I was on edge and kinda anxious and the first reading was 154/84 but then after few minutes of breathing it was 141/79. I am focused on making some lifestyle changes regarding exercise and diet, my diet has been shocking since my dad passed away.
    You have an explanation (anxiety, physically unfit and poor diet in addition to your father passing - sorry to hear as losing a parent is difficult at best). Other than reassurance, why start another thread?

Positive thoughts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information