Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New heart worries. Stings and discomfort in my left side

Re: New heart worries. Stings and discomfort in my left side

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    33 (almost 34) here, some family history of early-ish heart disease - fatal, even. I completely understand your worry, no question about that. However, I can say that I occasionally feel these same sensations, and I highly doubt they're related to the heart at all. I get all sorts of stinging, aches, pains, numbness, tingling, etc in my neck, shoulders, back and arms. Yours, like mine, is probably related to nerves and/or poor posture (same problem here).

My BP also runs fairly high (145/90) in any professional setting, even a dentist office. If I check at a pharmacy or even at home, same thing. I always relax the best I can, take a reading, then sit for a minute or two and take another reading or two. The subsequent readings are always consistent and very normal (~120/68).

A single elevated reading is not indicative of any problem. At least, the way I understand it is you need to have multiple (not sure how many) instances of consistently elevated blood pressure at rest, without any factors such as anxiousness, then you *may* be diagnosed with hypertension.
    Well the second pharmacy reading was certainly closer to normal but still high, I hope that if I had managed to relax some more that it would have been even closer. Another thing that has gotten me in a bit of a twist is that I can see my heartbeat in my chest and abdomen. Now, I've seen people say that they can see it too but they are usually very skinny which I am not. I have noticed this before and years ago too but I'm really noticing it now.

Other than the fast heartbeat/BP and air hunger I dont have any symptoms of heart failure or disease.

I can see heartbeat in stomach and chest and I am not skinny. We have loads of posts about this as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yeah if the main sign of heart problems is a visible heartbeat then I think we all may be in trouble. And I am far from skinny lol.

I spent 8 years on a heart health spiral. You may want to hop off this ride before you get too far into it. Just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I can see heartbeat in stomach and chest and I am not skinny. We have loads of posts about this as well.
    Even when trying to relax?

Quote Originally Posted by scared88 View Post
    Even when trying to relax?
    All the time.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Yeah if the main sign of heart problems is a visible heartbeat then I think we all may be in trouble. And I am far from skinny lol.

I spent 8 years on a heart health spiral. You may want to hop off this ride before you get too far into it. Just not worth it.
    Trying to not spiral, I dont feel like I will like I have in the past, my meds do kinda help with that.

I wonder if my meds could be causing a higher pulse, fluoxetine, I don't know if that's a very common side effect.
    So you too can see your heart beating in your chest/abdomen? Even when still and quiet?

Yes, all the time. The problem right now is you’re hyper focused on a problem that isn’t really a problem at all. Your heart is doing what it should be doing - beating strongly. Next step is to disregard it and get on with your day - because the more you focus on this, the more you will convince yourself that there’s a problem. And there isn’t.

So after few days of being fairly normal I'm back with some worries. Been a bit tired today and my left shoulder is hurting a bit right now. Discomfort radiating down and stopping just above my elbow so of course the worries resurface. Is it common for people my age to have heart issues when there is not family history of it?
    I've been working hard on cutting out excess salt and sugar and doing exercises. Seem to have shed 2 kilos, maybe 3 since last week!

that isn't heart related though but more likely musuclar.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    that isn't heart related though but more likely musuclar.
    Maybe. Today I've been having some mild stings, maybe last 30 seconds to a minute.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information