Thread: Do depression and anxiety make you angry and lash out?

Do depression and anxiety make you angry and lash out?

I know I've had depression and anxiety for quite some time now, but recently it has been getting a lot worse. I am unable to sleep at night, my brain just won't shut off. I am unmotivated and tired during the day and I get angry with my family for every little thing. If my husband tries to tell me what to do which he has always done but I usually let it go over my head and ignore him but now, I lash out and tell him who does he think he is, I will do whatever the (swear word alert) I want to do, etc. If I am trying to do something, he will say, for example, can you do that later and I say, what did I tell you about telling me what to do? I want to do it and I want to do it now.

Our relationship is a strange one really. I love him but I don't like it when he is telling me what to do and I am sick of fighting back and telling him to leave me the hell alone. When he initiates sex, I get very annoyed and I always just go downstairs and watch TV because I just don't want to do it. Not only did I have a really bad scare a few months ago (had a bleed after intercourse), but my anxiety, depression and resentment has robbed me of my libido. My relationship is the problem, its my anxiety about my health that's caused all of this and has completely ruined my life.

NOT only that, I think my brain and body has become tired of feeling this way. I am so tired of worrying about everything and just cannot be bothered to even try and enjoy life anymore. The joy is completely gone from it.

Re: Do depression and anxiety make you angry and lash out?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxietysufferer92 View Post
    I know I've had depression and anxiety for quite some time now, but recently it has been getting a lot worse. I am unable to sleep at night, my brain just won't shut off. I am unmotivated and tired during the day and I get angry with my family for every little thing. If my husband tries to tell me what to do which he has always done but I usually let it go over my head and ignore him but now, I lash out and tell him who does he think he is, I will do whatever the (swear word alert) I want to do, etc. If I am trying to do something, he will say, for example, can you do that later and I say, what did I tell you about telling me what to do? I want to do it and I want to do it now.

Our relationship is a strange one really. I love him but I don't like it when he is telling me what to do and I am sick of fighting back and telling him to leave me the hell alone. When he initiates sex, I get very annoyed and I always just go downstairs and watch TV because I just don't want to do it. Not only did I have a really bad scare a few months ago (had a bleed after intercourse), but my anxiety, depression and resentment has robbed me of my libido. My relationship is the problem, its my anxiety about my health that's caused all of this and has completely ruined my life.

NOT only that, I think my brain and body has become tired of feeling this way. I am so tired of worrying about everything and just cannot be bothered to even try and enjoy life anymore. The joy is completely gone from it.
    Sort out your relationship issues. That's your root cause. Doing nothing will just keep you where you are.

Thread Information