Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music to help with anxiety

music to help with anxiety

Hi everyone

Who here finds music useful when dealing with anxiety? I think I benefit from two types of music, the first being songs that feature anxiety/mental health, because I can relate to the lyrics, and the second being calming music that helps me to relax and fall asleep. Has anyone got any favourite songs/pieces that they find useful?

Re: music to help with anxiety

Choral music helps me when I'm stressed. John Rutter, Eric Whitaker type of stuff.

Or Radiohead.

Great response, thanks NoraB. Choral music does have a very soothing effect on the mind, doesn't it?!....and yes, Radiohead, excellent choice!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG_UK View Post
    Great response, thanks NoraB. Choral music does have a very soothing effect on the mind, doesn't it?!....and yes, Radiohead, excellent choice!
    Choral music beings my heart rate right down, and Thom Yorke goes very nicely with my co-codamol.

Piano music too - Alexis Ffrench (not a typo) has done some amazing stuff - his 'Bluebird' makes me cry.

Music has been my savior since I can remember. As a professional musician all my adult life, writing, playing, performing and listening have been the best medicine for me throughout all the trials and tribulations in my life. During 2020, with all the stresses we've been facing, it proved to be the calming force in the storm and will continue to be so.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Music has been my savior since I can remember. As a professional musician all my adult life, writing, playing, performing and listening have been the best medicine for me throughout all the trials and tribulations in my life. During 2020, with all the stresses we've been facing, it proved to be the calming force in the storm and will continue to be so.

Positive thoughts
    I liked you before. I like you even more now. Music has been my saviour too Fish - from as far back as I can remember. I don't want to imagine a world without music.

Positive thoughts
    No way ... you to? I wouldn't say I'm professional but an amateur musician. Without music I'd be sunk - all genres - its more about the artistry and passion behind the song, and what the artist is trying to portray. I like people with great voices and people that can barely carry a tune - I'll take Kris Kristofferson any day. Depends on my mood also draws me to a certain genre.

BTW - Love the avatar; JamesG

Positive thoughts
    That is deadly bro!

I ain't trying to fish for your identity, but are you famous i.e. household name? I can play the didgeridoo but only ever busked. Must be incredible experience playing on stage in front of a large crowd.

It aint unusual to find famous people on forums. The first MH forum I ever joined had Ruby Wax and a Monty Python guy on it.

Wow I never even heard of the didgeridoo - had to google it - really cool!!

Thanks bro

Yeah your unlikely to see one outside of Australia unless it's one a tourist took home but good luck trying to get one on a plane!

They say we (Australian aborigines) are the oldest humans on the planet. And the didgie the oldest musical instrument. Busking pays really well if you can get a patch where a lot of foreign tourists walk past. Not at the moment of course. I got bunjis (mates) who can't play one to save their life but put on all their tribal gear and charge a buck or more for tourists to take a photo with them. It's illegal of course and our elders hate it coz they say we are selling out but hey, its something only us lot can do so why not.

The Fish guy never replied so I reckon he is someone famous. That's real cool in all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information