Thread: Continuous skipped beats for 3+ hours

Continuous skipped beats for 3+ hours

Hi. I am 34 years old. I recently had an episode where i was stresses and my heart began to skip beats. It did not stop for 3+hours. I had a panic attack and calmed myself later whilst still worried. However they did not stop. Maybe 20 skips a minute for hours. I ended up going to sleep with it happening!
    In the morning i was ok but later that night it happened again but a lot shorter time. I am worried thst this is the beginning of my heart beggining not to cope with my years of anxiety and cortisol levels in my body? Does anyone know if those beats can last so long and be benign?
    Thanks

Re: Continuous skipped beats for 3+ hours

Absolutely can be benign. Anxiety can make them go on for weeks or months, mine did.

You can look up my past posts. I reference some books that really helped.

Essentially you have to get to the point where you truly realize that they are not an issue and move on.

It’s still worth getting your doc to give you an ECG/EKG, but I sure that will confirm it is nothing.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you got your reply josh t. I am still getting them but less frequent now. When i get one i feel i hsve anxiety. Lots of adrenaline pumps through my body and i have lots of fear still. I know this fuels it but i am struggling to accept them. Hopefully i can get thrreas they are really frightening.

Yes stress and anxiety can cause them big time. I get them a lot last bad bout mines were every few beats for over a week. Had 3 ecg's last few months and all ok. I know they are scary but if you have been checked out you will be ok.

I just had a run of them yesterday. Got me quite panicky. I ate too much at one sitting and then I was sitting forward. Classic vagus nerve issues.

My point is that once you are aware of skips (they happen to everyone), they will always come back to visit every once in a while. The tailspin to panic and fear is the real issue as you then start a spiral where the fear causes them to happen more, then you notice and panic more etc.

Remove any heart rate monitors (unless working out) and refuse to check your pulse. That’s a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information