Thread: Period flu???

Period flu???

Every month about a 2-5 days before my period i feel horrible. Like sore throat, alot of phlegm build up in my throat, nausea, muscle pain, acid reflux, can't sleep, exhausted, headaches. Every. Month. I never get a real fever but my temp does go up to 99.5. I've mentioned it to my dr and she thought it was kinda odd but nothing to worry about. I feel like it's getting worse. Some months are better then others but generally its not fun. I have no idea why my body decides its just gonna attack itself. Anyone else experiencr this have any advice?

Re: Period flu???

I sometimes feel run down the days leading up to my period. I don’t think that’s unusual at all, especially as we get older. I’m almost 42 and I’ve noticed it getting worse over the last couple years. Yet another joy of being female.

Its horrible. The pill helps alot but on the other hand it gives me horrible palpitations which give me panic attacks. So either way I cant win

My daughter really struggles with the pre-period stuff. She swears by Midol - says she wouldn’t function without it. Unfortunately for me, I can’t take it - it contains caffeine which can exacerbate my anxiety - so I just deal with the crappy feelings lol. You’re not alone though for sure. I don’t get a lot of the things you mention but I definitely feel tired and not 100% in the days leading up to it.

Thread Information