I am really not sure what is going on. It started out with a burning sensation in my upper abdomen which I put down to something I ate that disagreed with me. It continued for days with fluttering in my lower and upper abdo (spasms really). It felt like it did when I was pregnant! Pops and bubbles and a really loud grumbly tummy, that went off every 5 seconds. I also felt bloated with a firm upper tummy that does go down through the night. I am burping an awful lot too. I have put on weight during this lockdown so hard to guage the bloat really but definitely a difference this last few weeks. GP prescribed my Lansoprazole 30mg on the 16th as she suspects Gastritis, and it has definitely made a difference to the burning. However I am concerned it may be something more.

I am 39, have 2 children and I know I suffer health anxiety. I can't help but worry it is Ovarian Cancer as the symptoms are very similar but then the realistic part of me wonders if it may be IBS? I did go to my GP a year or so ago with tummy troubles and she dismissed me querying IBS. I have always had issues that seem to worsen with anxiety. I suffer constipation quite regularly but have recently started probiotics and starting to eat porridge for breakfast is making me go more regularly but stools are still firm.

Right now I have an achy lower abdo, much like period cramps (period was 2 weeks ago). I have PCOS so my periods are irregular but my lower abdo has been achy for 2 weeks on both sides. Tummy is softer than it has been but I have also been getting tenderness under my ribs on both sides. Tummy sounds appear to be coming from my left hand side most of the time. They are that loud, that for weeks I thought it was the fridge!
My question is do my symptoms sound like they could fit IBS? What worries me is the fluttering/ spasms in my lower abdo (not painful) and the bloating. GP seems fairly confident I have Gastritis and I guess the fact Lansoprazole is helping is a positive but why am I still so achy?