Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

A few months ago I went to the doctor because I thought I could feel a lump at the bottom of my right testicle and turns out that it was nothing...

Since then, I've been constantly checking my testicles and recently I felt something at the top of the right one.

It's about the size of a grain of sand, firm, doesn't move and is like almost right at the top near the epididymis etc.

According to Bupa:

You might also feel a small and firm lump near the top of your testes. This might well be what’s called the Hydatid of Morgagni (also known as the appendix testis) and is completely normal.

It's probably appendix testis or whatever, but I can't pretend that I'm not still worried.

I just don't want to go running back to the doctors, especially during COVID and because it's nearly Christmas so it'll be busy.

Re: Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

Fishmanpa, I'll take any advice I can get on this.

ignore it to be honest or go and see a doctor

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The more you check, the more you're feel, then feel again because you think you might have missed something and then you feel every little lump and bump there is. The only settling answer you're gonna get is from your GP. Does the other side have the same bump?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    ignore it to be honest or go and see a doctor
    It really seems like it could be a natural part of it because it's pretty much right next to the top, and cancer isn't really found at the top.

I didn't want to see a doctor so close to Christmas but I guess I may have to reconsider... I feel like it'll be busy, and then if I get referred to for a scan and have to wait a crazy amount of time it will mess everything up (studies included) and I won't be able to focus on life again

Is it an option to keep an eye on it for a week or two and monitor it? I’m not a guy so I don’t know lol. I just know it’s always my rule of thumb for physical changes is to just monitor for a few weeks and if still there or has changed then go get it checked.

Quote Originally Posted by wubu View Post
    The more you check, the more you're feel, then feel again because you think you might have missed something and then you feel every little lump and bump there is. The only settling answer you're gonna get is from your GP. Does the other side have the same bump?
    No, but the right one and left one feel quite different to each other anyway

One is larger and more sensitive and the other is a little smaller and really doesn't feel sensitive at all

I went to the doctor a few months ago for another "lump" I felt" and she said they both felt normal (but this tiny bump or whatever is hard to find so she wouldn't have been able to feel it)

I'm really scared... I think it's the appendix of testis or whatever (small, hard, usually firm bump near the top) but still... I don't want to have to go running back to the doctor again and she probably wouldn't even be able to feel it because it's hard to locate

Has anyone else had any similar issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Fishmanpa, I'll take any advice I can get on this.
    You've gone from worrying about rectal cancer from a two year old thread to testicular cancer in less than 24 hours.

Advice: Stop playing with your balls and talk to your doctor about a change in meds dosage along with real life help.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You've gone from worrying about rectal cancer from a two year old thread to testicular cancer in less than 24 hours.

Advice: Stop playing with your balls and talk to your doctor about a change in meds dosage along with real life help.

FMP
    a) Please don't sexualise this.

b) It's important to check down there.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information