Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

Re: Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Careful Scass.... I said the same thing and he got defensive....

As far as checking? Under normal circumstances, it makes sense. For someone with the mental illness at the level the OP has?... it would just be feeding the dragon.

Positive thoughts
    That's life, constant vigilance because cancer can strike so easily. It's just heightened for people with HA

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I suggest you heed Scass's words.

Again, a doctor doesn't just accept what the patient says or presents. If you aren't in the right position a doctor knows full well that he/she has to alter that. They are used to turning us over, bending us over or stretching bits of us to gain access the best way.

Think. Is the doctor so poor he can't work this out for himself? Doesn't he care enough to do his job? Yes, some doctors are exactly that but the vast majority are very good at what they do too. Have you any evidence yours a) was poor or b) couldn't be bothered? If you can't evidence those how can you say he/she didn't do the correct work to reach their conclusion? If you have no evidence you can't conclude they didn't make the correct checks and conclusions.

And finally, you don't have a clue what a real testicular lump feels like let alone a cancerous one. What makes you more likely to diagnose any lump let alone one so small a doctor can't even find? They have probably felt hundreds or even thousands of love spuds including ones with lumps and maybe even cancerous ones. Why do you trump that?
    That's true... it would be a big risk to send a patient away if they could possibly have cancer

As a matter of fact I think that doctor is incredible. He's clearly very well trained and it seems like he's been in the profession for a while. I definitely trust him but it's an easy mistake to make when you can't feel the lump properly and don't have an ultrasound on hand

The "lump" is small, fixed, hard... I went on a testicular cancer Reddit forum and they said the doctor is probably right but I should push for an ultrasound

Instead of wasting their time I will pay a little over £200 for an ultrasound. I know everyone will disagree and think I shouldn't but I just want to be safe

Have the ultrasound if you think the doctor is wrong. If you pay yourself there will be no problem in getting one.

Get a date asap and see if you can hold off posting until you get the results? Nothing anyone can say anyway since you have self-diagnosed and are just waiting for confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    That's life
    That's actually mental prison

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Have the ultrasound if you think the doctor is wrong. If you pay yourself there will be no problem in getting one.

Get a date asap and see if you can hold off posting until you get the results? Nothing anyone can say anyway since you have self-diagnosed and are just waiting for confirmation.
    Do you think this national lockdown will make it difficult to be seen or anything like that?

I'm scared that I won't be able to tackle this because of the virus and delays... I've seen articles about people dying due to delays in cancer treatment and tests and everything

Just very depressed at the moment

Do you think this national lockdown will make it difficult to be seen or anything like that?

I'm scared that I won't be able to tackle this because of the virus and delays... I've seen articles about people dying due to delays in cancer treatment and tests and everything

Just very depressed at the moment
    Everyone is feeling pretty rubbish at the moment.
    If you are paying, they will be glad of your money. You’ll still get seen.

I’m really sorry that you’re in this place again Toby. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Everyone is feeling pretty rubbish at the moment.
    If you are paying, they will be glad of your money. You’ll still get seen.

I’m really sorry that you’re in this place again Toby. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I do get diagnosed with cancer, will I even receive proper treatment due to the virus? The thought of dying because of delays caused by COVID scares me (well, the thought of dying scares me, full stop)

It's ok. I haven't booked yet, I'll have to sort a few things out before I do, but thanks for the well-wishes as always

I'm slightly convinced that my right testicle (the one I'm worried about) has shrunk in size... it feels slightly smaller

meanwhile, I'm worried that the small bump has grown

Yesterday I was also convinced that my left testicle had hardened

I don't know if I'm just imagining it because I'm anxious but this is absolutely exhausting

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    STOP - that is enough now.

You were exactly the same last time and it is not doing you any good at all.

Leave things alone and stop posting every day saying you have cancer - go and live your life PLEASE.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

That's true... it would be a big risk to send a patient away if they could possibly have cancer

As a matter of fact I think that doctor is incredible. He's clearly very well trained and it seems like he's been in the profession for a while. I definitely trust him but it's an easy mistake to make when you can't feel the lump properly and don't have an ultrasound on hand

The "lump" is small, fixed, hard... I went on a testicular cancer Reddit forum and they said the doctor is probably right but I should push for an ultrasound

Instead of wasting their time I will pay a little over £200 for an ultrasound. I know everyone will disagree and think I shouldn't but I just want to be safe
    Why don't you talk to this doctor about your mental health? Perhaps they will spend more time explaining to you why this isn't what you fear?

I suspect you will know my thoughts on private testing. Timescales should be clearly published but you can always ask if not.

Sounds like a Reddit with people who don't understand anxiety because you would be scanning your body every year for all the things you've feared.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information