Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

Re: Is this tiny testicular lump cancer?

I don't think waiting times in surgery's are that bad at the moment, mine usually do a phone consultation first before seeing you in person. I've just had some cream for a nostril infection through doing that - albeit this was out of hours. I had a same day appointment for my daughter a few months ago.

You mentioned in your first post that the lump is like a grain of sand, that's awfully small for a cancer lump don't you think?

My first bought of HA was due to a testicle lump, I was like 18/19 at the time. I have a fleshy lump atop both balls, but both are different shapes - one is like a hump of flesh, and the other like a nodule. Weird, but probably normal as they've been like that for 16 years! Also lumps at the bottom which I imagine form the epididymis.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I don't think waiting times in surgery's are that bad at the moment, mine usually do a phone consultation first before seeing you in person. I've just had some cream for a nostril infection through doing that - albeit this was out of hours. I had a same day appointment for my daughter a few months ago.

You mentioned in your first post that the lump is like a grain of sand, that's awfully small for a cancer lump don't you think?

My first bought of HA was due to a testicle lump, I was like 18/19 at the time. I have a fleshy lump atop both balls, but both are different shapes - one is like a hump of flesh, and the other like a nodule. Weird, but probably normal as they've been like that for 16 years! Also lumps at the bottom which I imagine form the epididymis.
    Yeah it's phone appointments first for my gp too. I was told to call back after Christmas to arrange an examination, so I'll do that sometime next week

I think I take that back, it feels more like a small pimple or the tip of a ballpoint pen. It's difficult to say.

My "nodule" is right next to the epididymis at the top... there's a thing called an appendix testis which basically feels like what I'm describing and it's normal, but surely I'd have felt it before? I don't remember feeling this bump before this past week, although that could be because it's quite hard to find sometimes and I've always been more focused on feeling the bottom half of the testicle for bumps and lumps

I feel like I have basically written myself off.

I know it's more of the same old from me right now but I don't know what to do

I'm hoping that I'll be able to see my GP on Wednesday but that's unlikely to give me any comfort because I'm almost certain that I'll be referred for a scan. And then that'll be a waiting game full of misery and dread

Well I guess there is no point in us replying now then as that is a foregone conclusion in your eyes.

Or you could change your attitude and be more positive. Some of us on here (me included) have been through far worse this year!!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Well I guess there is no point in us replying now then as that is a foregone conclusion in your eyes.

Or you could change your attitude and be more positive. Some of us on here (me included) have been through far worse this year!!
    I'm here desperately seeking reassurance but I know no one can diagnose me. I'm like a dog chasing its tail knowing that it will never get hold of it. So I have to go the long way round

I am trying to be positive. I know TC is vert treatable but then what happens if I have to have chemo? I literally could never bring myself to go through that... and just knowing that my life would be hanging in the balance... it's a terrifying thought

If it's just Stage I then I'll of course be freaked out but usually that requires nothing more than a simple procedure to remove the testicle. But I would go the full way and get both removed because otherwise I'd be expecting it to occur in the remaining one too

I'm sorry that you've gone through some tough times this year, Nicola. The news of the vaccine is very promising for 2021 at least

Apparently if the GP thinks it needs checking out, the ultrasound happens within two weeks... for most people it's less than a week of waiting though

That made me feel slightly better. Less excruciating rumination time

too many what ifs and you haven't even seen a doctor yet.

Time for me to step away again I think and leave you to it. We know how this ends.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Appointment is booked for tomorrow afternoon

When I rang, the doctor was like "It's on the tubes, not attached to the testicle itself?" and I was like "Yes it's attached"... it sounded like that's not the answer he wanted

I feel like I'm surprisingly calm although reasonably I should be PANICKING... I'm still incredibly nervous but it just doesn't quite feel real yet

Honestly I dread to think what my life will look like this time next month or next year

It sounds extreme but I'm trying to come to terms with death, especially with loads of celebrities and even family friends the past few years dying young... if they can do it, maybe I can do it too

I've also had some minor shortness of breath whenever I'm running up the stairs for whatever reason

I'm incredibly unfit but I'm average weight and everything... is this normal?

I'm scared that it could be advanced testicular cancer

Would I have had more symptoms in the testicle itself if it spread?

Save your questions for the doctor, Toby.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information