Thread: MS

MS

I read online that people with MS don't have abdominal reflexes, so I started testing myself... and od course I can't see any reflexes, they're absent! :( It's a telltale sign od MS. I definitely have it. Plus all the muscle twitches and vision issues. I'm so petrified, I can't sleep or eat :( I'm so scared.

Re: MS

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Myka01 View Post
    I read online
    If I was to put my current symptoms (abdo pain, weight loss, night-waking, muscle atrophy) into Google it would come up with cancer. However, I've had all of these symptoms before and not had cancer. So these days, I leave it to the actual doctors.

( It's a telltale sign od MS. I definitely have it.
    I was tested for MS (brain/spine MRIs) and diagnosed with the condition which mimics it - fibromyalgia. If you have MS, it will show up on imaging. You cannot diagnose yourself.

Plus all the muscle twitches and vision issues. I'm so petrified, I can't sleep or eat :( I'm so scared.
    You have severe anxiety and muscle twitches and vision issues are common anxiety issues.

I went to a neurologist who said my reflexes were all normal, and my abdominal reflexes were beautiful. I also don't have any pathological reflexes that would suggest ms. She also told me that there is no way to test your own reflexes, it requires another person who knows how to get a response from your body and how to interpret them. So if anyone ever thinks of testing their reflexes - just don't. You'll only scare yourself.

Thread Information