Thread: Intermittent Diarrhoea, hot flushes, tender groin

Intermittent Diarrhoea, hot flushes, tender groin

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can offer any words of reassurance as I'm slowly going out of my mind with worry.

I have had bouts of diarrhoea since July or Aug. It comes on suddenly a few hours after I have eaten normally.

I have tried to eliminate foods as I thought I may be sensitive to dairy.
    I went 7 weeks with no diarrhoea at all after stopping dairy. I have now had 2 episodes of diarrhoea a week apart and I'm still not eating dairy so now I'm confused.
    My GP has referred me.for a colonoscopy. I had normal bloods and stool sample contained no microscopic blood.
    I'm now getting hot flushes a few times a day.(I'm.51). I do not normally get them. The only time I had them before was when I had a UTI 9 months ago and they stopped after I had a course of antibiotics. They reappeared 2 weeks ago after a bad bout of my diarrhoea.
    2 days ago I inadvertently felt a tender spot in my left groin and I can feel a very tender lump/gland. The area.ariund it feels sore.
    I'm now going out of my mind with worry. My GP said she will see me.and will take more bloods today but she didn't sound very reassuring to me like she was worried it was connected to my bowel issues.
    Can anyone offer any reassurance as I'm going mad. thank you

Re: Intermittent Diarrhoea, hot flushes, tender groin

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnexe View Post
    I'm now getting hot flushes a few times a day.(I'm.51). I do not normally get them
    Presuming you're female by your username (have to be careful as I have mis-gendered people before lol) 51 is in the menopause fun zone and hot flushes are one of the commonest symptoms...

Re: Intermittent Diarrhoea, hot flushes, tender groin

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Presuming you're female by your username (have to be careful as I have mis-gendered people before lol) 51 is in the menopause fun zone and hot flushes are one of the commonest symptoms...
    Yes I'm.female. Yes I have tried to put the flushes down to my age.
    I think I'm more concerned with the groin tenderness. its feels almost like a burn to touch its so sensitive to touch . Very odd.

Thread Information