Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good morning from Texas

Re: Good morning from Texas

I Read every word. I'm so happy you joined us here and its pleasure to meet you. For now I wanted to at least say that, and I will return after giving this more thought. Without question, the last 4 years have been filled with worry for me; as well. We can breathe now. You're a true survivor - never forget that It would be my privilege to just sit here with you for bit. Its about 9PM (now a bit after 9PM) here and I'll be concluding my day shortly, but others are usually online, so you're never alone here during times when you are isolated and need to reach out. Please feel free to post anytime at all. I wish you a good nights sleep tonight without panic and worry. I'll be here for another 5 minutes and I will check up to see how you are doing tomorrow.
    Last edited by Scissel73; 23-01-21 at 03:15.

@Scissel73, thank you for those kind and welcoming words. I know you and the folks here "get it," and that means the world.

I thought I might have to take another xanax last night, but I watched some TED talks on anxiety and self-healing and I could feel my body relaxing. I don't know if that material was instrumental or if the anxiety just wore itself out. When I woke up this morning, I felt better than yesterday. As one of the people in one of the talks said, you find yourself scanning the horizon as it were, waiting for the Panic Monster to jump out. So far this morning, so good.

I've been tracking my state of mind on the Calm fitness app since last March. Every day at 7 pm the app chimes and asks you to indicate how you're feeling with an emoji and some comments. So I can go back the see the pattern of my anxious emojis for the past 10+ months. At first my panic attacks were coming like clockwork every 6 days, then every 10 days. Now it's more like every month. If I were still having periods, I'd say it was PMS, but it can't be that.

About a month ago, I started taking something called GABA --gamma-aminobutyric acid. (Not to be confused with Gabapentin.) I'm taking 250 mg first thing in the morning and 250 at dinnertime. It seems to work in me the same way as xanax, namely it dials down the scary chatter in my head. Since I've started taking it, I've only taken xanax three times, and only one of those times, yesterday, was it due to a full-blown panic attack. One of my friends tried GABA and she said it made her very sleepy (but she is also on Prozac and Klonopin - DUH!) so that might be the problem. Another friend saves it for serious panic attacks-- not sure why. She is also on several meds, but I don't know if any are psychoactive. Anyhoo, it has really helped me so I'm sticking with it. BTW, I discovered it when searching amazon for something else. Go to the link and read the reviews. I'd be interested to know if anyone else here has tried it.

Thanks for the support. I'll check in later. Best to all.

You're quite welcome. Its about 9:45AM up here in New England - bright and sunny this morning - bit cool. I'm so happy to hear you finally enjoyed a good nights sleep - you deserve that. I understand it to be a bit overcast but in the 60's down there Good to hear your having success with GABA, I think I may give it another shot as its inexpensive at wal mart ... so why not! I rely on Klonopin to get me through those attacks, as well. But, like you, I try to only use it when other outlets and coping skills have been exhausted. Today I hope to get out to the village and enjoy an iced coffee and see my fish friends in the pond - walk around a bit and enjoy the scenery. I hope you will have an awesome day today.

Hello and welcome
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Della Street! Of course I know who Della is! Paul Drake too!

Welcome. You're among friends here and can learn a lot. Just wondering...what about another companion? You were married once before. And this may sound silly but what about a pet? I've known quite a few people alone who found a good companion in a pet believe it or not. That doesn't mean you don't try to get out and meet people but that there is someone who needs you...even if it's a Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Della Street! Of course I know who Della is! Paul Drake too!

Welcome. You're among friends here and can learn a lot. Just wondering...what about another companion? You were married once before. And this may sound silly but what about a pet? I've known quite a few people alone who found a good companion in a pet believe it or not. That doesn't mean you don't try to get out and meet people but that there is someone who needs you...even if it's a Scotty
    Hi fellow Old Person! I do have a dog. And two cats. The house would be very empty indeed without them!

That's awesome! So how have you been doing, Della? I hope you decide to create a new thread in addition to your intro here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information