Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Loss of appetite

Re: Loss of appetite

Quote Originally Posted by cattia View Post
    but then when my anxiety is better I get complacent and think that I won't get that bad ever again. Once it takes hold it's amazing how quickly it progresses. I can go from feeling fine to having a complete meltdown in a matter of days.
    This is me right now - I was fine a few days ago feeling on the up and up, and now here I am in yet another horrible health anxiety cycle. Today's focus is covid, which like you is actually unusual for me to obsess over, covid has really been the least of my health worries this year. ugh

I spoke to my Dr (well, a Dr at my practice, not my actual Dr) and she said she would run some more bloods even though I had clear bloods in August, because of the floating stools. This has made me pretty anxious as I feel like she must think there could be something there that wasn't there in the summer. I'm also really anxious about losing more weight this morning. My aim was to put on weight over Christmas and now that my appetite is off I know that won't happen. My weight is on the low side and I worry a lot about weight loss, especially as I know it's also a sign of cancer, as is low appetite. I'm still struggling to eat and I'm anxious about getting the bloods done. Also I know I will have to wait for an appointment for that as that's how the hopsital are doing things now with covid.

I spoke to my Dr (well, a Dr at my practice, not my actual Dr) and she said she would run some more bloods even though I had clear bloods in August, because of the floating stools. This has made me pretty anxious as I feel like she must think there could be something there that wasn't there in the summer. I'm also really anxious about losing more weight this morning. My aim was to put on weight over Christmas and now that my appetite is off I know that won't happen. My weight is on the low side and I worry a lot about weight loss, especially as I know it's also a sign of cancer, as is low appetite. I'm still struggling to eat and I'm anxious about getting the bloods done. Also I know I will have to wait for an appointment for that as that's how the hopsital are doing things now with covid.
    Sometimes doctors, in their attempt to reassure us, end up making us feel worse. Because surely they MUST think there is something wrong, if they are ordering tests- right?!
    Floating stools is really common. I have had this worry myself. As a vegetarian I think I have floating stools more often than not. And as for the weight loss thing...... you must know that when we are in an anxiety spin we don’t feel hungry. This is especially true if the anxiety spin is about appetite!
    PM me, cattia, if you want a supportive ear. I really really understand how you are feeling. And I really really believe you are fine.

Thank you Jojo, I will probably PM you later. I'm forcing myself to eat. Just in such a funk again today. I never knew I could be so obsessed with poo! Literally just praying for a sinking stool right now!

Ahhhh! The poo obsession! I know it well! We are absurd aren’t we???

I'm sorry you have to have yet more bloods, Cattia. She's no doubt practising the cover your arse policy which is so unhelpful with HA but that's no consolation for you.

Thank you Jojo, I will probably PM you later. I'm forcing myself to eat. Just in such a funk again today. I never knew I could be so obsessed with poo! Literally just praying for a sinking stool right now!
    For the sake of your sanity you HAVE to just flush and go now. You're having more tests so nothing more you can do in the meantime and you need to lessen your anxiety not add to it if you want to get your appetite back.

Pulisa, I know but the tests are also making me anxious so I feel that if my bowels go back to normal it will mean surely I can't have cancer? But I guess the more I obsess the worse mu digestion will be.

It's a vicious circle, I know.

If you speak to a GP who doesn't know you it will be a gamble because any tests that are ordered will make you very anxious. I think it's a very good sign that your bloods were normal in August. I'm not sure that people without HA would notice whether their stools floated or not.

I'm not sure what you think you have anyway? Presumably a cancer somewhere in your digestive tract but then you thought you had a mass in your chest so it all sounds very anxiety-induced to me.

You'll have to sit it out with the bloods but you are doing something even if it turns out to be anxiety...

I'm on the pancreatic cancer train Pulisa. When I filled out the online consultation request form I did mention how bad my anxiety was too. I think partly these tests are to reassure me but of course they are having the opposite effect. She also asked me a lot of questions about my weight which has made me fixate more on that as my BMI was only 18 even before I lost my appetite. I run for 40 minutes every day so I've dropped weight over the last 12 months doing that too. She did offer me escitalopram which is a med I've not tired. I've been med free for around 15 years after a failed attempt with Sertraline a couple of years back. I have to admit I'm considering giving it a try.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information