Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ALS fear - struggling

Re: ALS fear - struggling

So the tingling has come back in my hands and arms, can only think this is ALS, when will this stop?!

Its not, its just not. Even the words 'come back' are an indication of how this is not ALS. You are looking for a diagnosis, searching, fearing, imagining, just like so so many before you - and in all honesty if we had a £1 for every person who has stated exactly the things you do on this forum about MND......we would be very rich. Yep, I know it feels real, yes, I know you don't believe us, but what you describe is not ALS. My Dad died of ALS this week, I know a lot about it. You have 4 years of HA behind you, and in your own words 'this is your latest fear', but of course, even me saying that will not help as you will think 'Ah, but this time it really could be/is something'. After 4 years you are well versed in being hyper sensitised to any slight physical feeling created by muscle tension, so the more you imagine this is ALS the stronger your mind will create symptoms. Even 'atrophy' is something people can convince themselves they have !!! Until you take control of those sensations, learn the necessary skills and reassure yourself that they are not this illness, that they are not serious, the longer this fear will last. You can go through another year of this fear, until the length of time itself will be an indication this isn't ALS or you can start working on the list FMP posted to help yourself and not waste that time. You asked
    when will this stop?!
    and the answer is that it will stop when you tackle the HA. I don't mean this to sound harsh, and I'm sorry you are struggling, so hope you take the post in the spirit in which it is intended - to help.
    Last edited by Carys; 26-12-20 at 22:44.

Carys - so sorry for the loss of your dad this week. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_91 View Post
    So the tingling has come back in my hands and arms, can only think this is ALS, when will this stop?!
    It'll stop when you start breathing properly and stop imagining you have ALS based on your NORMAL anxiety symptoms.

Go back to Fishmanpa's ALS post and keep reading it until it goes in. Every time you start to make another, 'tingling' comment - STOP - and go back and read his post.

You need to address the real issue here which is so obviously anxiety.

Carys,

I'm so, so sorry for the loss of your Dad. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you at this time.

Thank you for your reply to my post, I do find it easier to rationalise when I see others experience the same. It's also amazing at how strong our minds are at deceiving us and making us hold onto slight symptoms we feel.

Thanks again

Facial twitching

Hi guys

I've recently been having a fear of ALS due to feelings of weakness and aches in my right arm/hand followed by twitching all over.

However the most disruptive and frustrating symptom I have at the moment is facial twitching. It's not an eye twitch but an almost constant twitch either side of my nose. I can see it if I look close in the mirror. This is making me feel more anxious and positive I have ALS.

I was wondering if anybody has had this specific facial twitch? I've had it for over a week now and hoping maybe someone can relate!

Thanks for reading

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sorry to message again.

Just hoping someone can provide a bit of reassurance as I'm trying my best not to full blown panic.

I can notice a twitch just above my right cheek and can constantly see it if I look in the mirror. Has anybody else had this symptom?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Please read THIS...
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Me again,

Ugh, I'm really finding it hard to believe this isn't ALS. I've just been for a run and it was super cold. But my right hand/arm is more difficult to move than my left. My right hand and arm also feel more fatigued which has me thinking the muscles are wasting.

I wish this would all go away, it's playing havoc on my mental health.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information