Thread: Stomach cramps relieved by flatulence

Stomach cramps relieved by flatulence

Hi guys, sorry for the title, but yesterday I experienced some mild cramps for about an hour or so which was relieved by farting. Is this normal for IBS? I didn’t eat anything out of the ordinary beforehand, only protein shake and some cashew nuts. What’s interesting was, I had pizza and ice cream for dinner and that didn’t trigger any reaction afterwards, and in fact this morning my poops were the ideal sausage shaped ones (haven’t had them like that in weeks!), although I did have mucus when I wiped. Does any of this sound normal at all? My GP seems to think I don’t have anything sinister based on past bloodwork/stool tests so they suggest it’s IBS. Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Stomach cramps relieved by flatulence

What exactly is concerning about this aside from the smell?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

No concern, and it wasn’t actually smelly lol! I am one of those people with ninja farts that often go undetected by other people. I’m merely asking if this is typical for IBS

Edit: Also I was just wondering what triggered the flatulence as prior to that, I had only eaten stuff I normally eat

As far as I'm concerned, its normal, IBS or not

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Lol OK fair enough. I’ve just never had it before that’s all

Quote Originally Posted by invisible.monster View Post
    Lol OK fair enough. I’ve just never had it before that’s all
    Lets put it this way... My wife has been upstairs most of the day working on crafts. She just came down and asked if the cat used the litterbox!

Positive thoughts and air freshener!

Haha thanks Fishmanpa x If I were you I’d blame it on the cat lol!

Quote Originally Posted by invisible.monster View Post
    Hi guys, sorry for the title, but yesterday I experienced some mild cramps for about an hour or so which was relieved by farting. Is this normal for IBS?
    Absolutely!

I tend to get some cramps around 5am when my bowels have been stirring due to my 'Quentin Tarantino' type anxiety dreams. I fire out a couple of farts (and waft them over to Hubs because of his snoring) and that eases the situation.

I didn’t eat anything out of the ordinary beforehand, only protein shake and some cashew nuts.
    My colon would have a field day with those! It only has to be in the general vicinity of a packet of KP nuts and it throws a wobbler!

my poops were the ideal sausage shaped ones (haven’t had them like that in weeks!), although I did have mucus when I wiped. Does any of this sound normal at all? My GP seems to think I don’t have anything sinister based on past bloodwork/stool tests so they suggest it’s IBS. Thanks in advance for your input!
    Oh the JOY of having a poo which resembles 'the shit sausage'!

I had a couple of those last week and I felt like putting an announcement in the local paper. Haven't felt that chuffed since my grandson was born!

Thread Information