Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

Honestly, your symptoms sound almost identical to mine! I think you've answered the ache in your left arm, from holding your son all the time.

Twitching all over I can assure I have had! It's so frustrating because once you feel one twitch, it's as though they don't stop but they will, trust me. The ALS hole is a very easy one to get stuck in because of the severity of the disease but it is very rare.

ItÂ’s so hard!!! I cry all the time because IÂ’m so scared to leave my son. I get so overwhelmed in my thoughts. But yes itÂ’s like I notice one twitch and then they keep happening!!! Lol I hope I found the issue with my arm. Because I just carried him again a second ago and it instantly started aching again. I still canÂ’t think logically with this though. My reflexes being overactive scared me too. I also have stiff neck but I look down at my phone allllll the time and IÂ’m stressed so I probably have tension. Shew!! Anxiety.

Have you had weakness or aches anywhere too?? I get numbness also at times but IÂ’ve read als doesnÂ’t cause numbness.

Oh please don't worry, I'm sure you are fine. It sounds very much like symptoms of anxiety and stress.

Yep, I've had weakness/aching in my arms and hands after a little activity which has been odd. But the less I am thinking about it, the less it affects me. Anxiety can cause stiff muscles and certainly in your neck. I remember a few years ago it felt like my head was going to pop if from the tension in my neck!

Yes!! That’s how I feel at times haha.

I just hate that it’s just one arm because that worries me. But I guess since it is the arm I have always carried my son in that would make sense. I just hate it. Ugh!

You all have rational explanations for your symptoms, you're all posting on an anxiety website and none of you have ALS. While it's somewhat beneficial to reassure yourselves via the forum, it's keeping you in the HA loop. Time to treat the real issue

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You all have rational explanations for your symptoms, you're all posting on an anxiety website and none of you have ALS. While it's somewhat beneficial to reassure yourselves via the forum, it's keeping you in the HA loop. Time to treat the real issue

Positive thoughts
    Although I agree about having rational explanations I do find the tongue twitching weird and the fact that allergy medicine isn’t making my throat and breathing much better. Very weird

Still not ALS

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Still not ALS

FMP
    For some reason your responses always brighten my day 🤣🤣🤣

I agree. But still scary!! My arm “weakness” I am hoping is in my head as far as weakness goes because apparently there’s a difference in clinical weakness and what I feel is “weak”. I’m trying to get out of this hole I’m in! The muscle twitches don’t help!!

Feeling weak is not being weak! I had the same worry about my hand for a while. You aren’t weak you just think you are. I hear you on the twitching. I get them all over my body but the ones on the tongue worry me the most

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information