Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

@fishmanpa I’m getting there! It took me a few months but being on here has helped me realize more that I’m just in my head! My hand doesn’t bother me at all anymore even though it’s the same. I just know I overuse it and need to rest it. Sitting on my phone all day is a major player there. I have globus because of anxiety/stress

Yeah I've seen that pain and aches aren't generally associated with it but I've seen stories where this can be the first signs in some people. I do feel guilty and awful for the people who have been diagnosed, but then I think 'this is the one'. Sorry I'm blabbering, today really is a bad day I can literally feel the anxiety surging through me. Very valid point you make though. When I'm thinking rational I think if this is ALS, I need to make the most of what I've got left. But today isn't that day. Thank you though, you're a very supportive influence, I appreciate it. @Fishman Health anxiety truly does make it feel like you can have anything and with the symptoms I have I.e. right side twitching all over, right leg, arm and hand weakness and spasticity I'm really struggling to believe it isn't ALS.

Knock it off!!! You donÂ’t have weakness. You just said you went for a run yesterday. I read a story once that dilated pupils was a sign of a brain tumor so I thought I had one. And for months convinced myself it was there. I got an mri and there was nothing there. Last July I read that constipation meant I had colon cancer. Convinced myself I had it and lost 20 pounds. Colonoscopy and endoscopy in October and they found nothing. Had a pain in my back late September/early august read a story about that being lung cancer. Had an X-ray and nothing was found. Do you see where IÂ’m going with this? There will be millions of stories of different things people had but a lot of those stories leave out other symptoms.

You're right. I guess we can relate a symptom to any serious condition our brain wants us to believe. I'm looking forward to getting through this.

Everything is a symptom of something. Or something like that. You don’t have als! Be happy

I can totally vouch for the Brain producing symptoms that you fear . I had a horrible lymphoma fear years back and had every symptom under the sun consistently no one could tell me any different . 9 years later I’m still here and funnily enough no symptoms .

Hopefully I can find the same result with this god awful fear . 2 years is long enough to worry about and I must admit I have had better days than worse days now which wasn’t the case a few months back I just need to try and get on with my life And remind myself I don’t have als . 2 years on I can still lift weights I can still work out I’m not deteriorating - wish my brain would accept this

@worried91 you will be fine, your young and healthy and fit . Try giving yourself a dedicated time to worry say 15 mins and then move on, before you know it weeks will have passed where you haven’t worried at all and I bet you notice you symptoms diminishing

I hope you are both okay as I really know what it feels like to be overwhelmed with this fear it eats you up inside it’s a terrible worry

The brain does crazy things @murphy93!! I like to imagine what I could have done with all the money I spent having tests ran🤣🤣🤣 2 years!? You’re doing great!! Keep lifting!!! We are all in this crazy battle together

Quote Originally Posted by Cmartz2 View Post
    The brain does crazy things @murphy93!! I like to imagine what I could have done with all the money I spent having tests ran🤣🤣🤣 2 years!? You’re doing great!! Keep lifting!!! We are all in this crazy battle together
    Tell me about it cmartz! My brain is unbelievable lol - I wrote down all the illness’ I was convinced I’ve had and I was shocked I’m surprised I had time to eat and keep down a job!

Thank you so much I am trying so hard to keep my head above water with it all . Positive thinking and all that

Thanks @Murphy93 it really is eating me up inside. Right now I feel like a shell of myself. I feel like I can't look forward to anything because my time is limited, it's insane but feels so real!

So have you been dealing with the ALS fear for 2 years? Wow, what have your symptoms been? I'd say if it was ALS you surely would have deteriorated a lot by now. I've had it for around 2 months now but it's overwhelming.

I hope all of us will soon be seeing the other end of our fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_91 View Post
    Thanks @Murphy93 it really is eating me up inside. Right now I feel like a shell of myself. I feel like I can't look forward to anything because my time is limited, it's insane but feels so real!

So have you been dealing with the ALS fear for 2 years? Wow, what have your symptoms been? I'd say if it was ALS you surely would have deteriorated a lot by now. I've had it for around 2 months now but it's overwhelming.

I hope all of us will soon be seeing the other end of our fear!
    I know 2 years it’s crazy and your right I would be seriously ill by now - that’s logic speaking but my brain wants to behave otherwise

I was initially on the MS path and went down als , it’s the usual anxiety symptoms twitching , I went to the doc and found out I was pretty low in vit D which is a symptom so I don’t ones why I can’t believe it

Also had an obsession with my speech and globus a year ago , it’s ruined every event in my life 2 hen parties holidays weddings all consumed by this fear

I also put things on hold and really really regret it I really hope you can recover faster than me I wouldn’t wish it on anyone

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information