Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

Allergies will definitely play a part. I had a doctors appointment today. They said possibly a pinched nerve but unsure as to why it's all happening on one side which has me a bit concerned. I have another appointment next week and may get referred to a neurologist. Trying to stay calm and not catastrophise!

Remember you ran over 3 miles the other day! That’s a pretty long run if you had als 🤪🤪🤪 my doctor told me to cancel my neurology appointment today so I’m really gonna try and get these thoughts out of my head!

I know this is the thing?! The twitching is really frustrating though!

That's good I guess your doctor is encouraging that and reassuring?

Yeah the twitching sucks! I guess just have to let it happen though!!

Yes he said he didn’t see a reason for it and only said I could go if it helped ease my mind

How are you doing @Cmartz2? My twitching seems to have decreased significantly which I'm pleased about. I managed a 10k run too yesterday and all seemed OK, hoping it continues from there!

Hey @Worried_91! I’m doing better. My allergies are kicking my butt but I’m attributing that to a dog that my wife and I watched this week as I’m allergic to them. I hear you on the twitching! I only had 2 or 3 tongue twitches yesterday which made me feel better. Dang! 10K!? That’s impressive! Keep it up!

I am so glad I found this thread because I am having the same symptoms as you all.

Weakness/heaviness and aches and pains in my left arm.

Twitches all over my body. Everywhere all day. Which I feel like I just started noticing recently after reading about twitches but can’t remember exactly. Ugh anxiety.

I have hyper reflexes as stated by one of my docs so that freaked me out too but they are bilateral as well and I think I’ve always had hyper reflexes but I’m not positive.

Stiffness in some of my muscles. I can still lift things with my left arm and do things it just shakes and gets tired easily it seems. It’s the arm I’ve always carried my almost 3 year old in. Maybe that’s it. I hate this hole I’m in. I can’t seem to get out.

I have hyper reflexes in my knees as well. Always have. Never been worrisome and doctor agrees. The shaking is scary but it’s probably not due to als! (I say probably because I’m not a doctor) probably due to holding your baby! I get tongue twitches and troubles swallowing which has me worried

I used to think I had issues swallowing too because I constantly have post nasal drip and always clear my throat but my doc says anxiety related.

Yeah it doesn’t shake like a lot it just gets tired. But it’s been achey and pains and stuff since last year (right about around when my son got a little heavy lol) I would ALWAYS carry him on my left arm so I could use my right arm. I’m hoping it’s just re injury over and over carrying him?? I pray so. I’m so nervous about this I’m losing sleep and not eating. I hate it. But that makes me feel better about reflexes!!

Do you get random little twitches everywhere too??

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information