Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

Ps I didn’t mean to hijack this thread. I was just wanting to point out that “mouth tiredness” is a symptom that people who WORRY about als get. It’s not a recognised feature of als.

As for my own google habit- Pulisa you are completely right to pull me up on it. It’s an OCD thing, I think? A bit like hair pulling. But perhaps it is also more complex than that. I shall ponder….

Was eating today and struggled to open my mouth. My throat began cramping

Starting to go back down the hole with my hand again. It’s definitely weak. My fingers sort of stick together. My grip is off and my writing has declined. This first started last year then went away and thought I had bulbar now it’s back to my hand but this time it seems real. Like my hand is actually weak at this point

Not sure anymore. I know I have been on here for a while. My right hand is bad. I had troubles zipping something today and my
    Grip is weak. I can tell my wrist is weak.
    I’m getting scared. This isn’t like last time

We seem to be running down similar tracks, you and I. I’m also a long term als worrier. And recently I’ve started to worry about/notice left arm weakness. I can’t keep my left wrist straight while holding a 6kg weight for very long, but I can on my right. I also get twitches in my left forearm. This sucks doesn’t it?!

Didn’t think I would be back here again. Stayed away for a while and kept busy.

Sadly, the symptoms have returned but more aggressive. I have been dealing with more tongue twitching and throat twitching/spasms.

My voice hasn’t changed to sound like I’m drunk but I would say those other two symptoms aren’t very good either

Really going through it today.

My brother told me about a guy we grew up with who is only 30 was just diagnosed with ALS.

My tongue is twitching a lot more. My throat is Twitching and spasms. My vocal cords feel weak.

Crap day that seems to get worse as each day goes on even after a year

Also, why does ALS seem to be coming so much more frequent with younger people

You do realize that statistically this can't be the ALS right?

First, you have opened this topic over a year ago, and so the explanation is that it wasn't als back then even though the symptoms were similar, but less intense.

You are not contemplating much much much more likely scenario that your brain (anxiety) caused the symptoms over a year ago, and now it's causing them once again?

Getting struck by a lightining has much higher likelihood than you having this disease.

Thank you @Hypo84

I hate feeling this way and feel like it’s happening. I hate going back into the hole

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread Information