Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

I’ve been working on it but it seems like something new comes every week. Now I have begun feeling twitching in my throat inside and out and definitely noticed my mouth feels tired after eating very little

I’m convinced I have hand atrophy now so I’m not doing well either. Sending you positive vibes. Maybe book a neuro so you can calm down.

Just wanting to say hi, and join the als worried club! I have twitching in my shoulders and what I believe to be weakness..... so I feel your pain! X

Was doing a little better for a little bit of time. Visited here just to see updates from people. But as much as I tried to stay away and feel better I couldn’t fully get there. I’m starting to worry more now as my tongue seems to twitch more and my throat always feels full to the point I can’t really talk in the mornings. I also feel like my mouth is tired when I chew and that I don’t fully chew my food because of it and it’s harder to get down

This thread started 6 months ago. Sorry to see you still struggling due to this unfounded fear :( Hope you feel better soon.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Came on here 7 months ago thinking I had limb onset als that then turned to bulbar als. This was all right after I convinced myself I had cancer for a few months. I can now say I’m out of those fears. I have twitches, my voice sounds weird but it’s all in my head. I had every symptom I could think of but none of it truly existed. Just wanted to update on here. I’m free of the negative health thoughts and just trying to enjoy the time I have here. Thank you to everyone who talked to me throughout this whole process as well

Thank you so much for such a lovely update. It’s good to hear good news :-)

Thought I was going to get better and honestly did feel better for a while. This weekend it hit me and I noticed I was having trouble talking more than a few words. My tongue feels stuck like it’s not moving correctly and my jaw feels tight. I am having tons of saliva to the point it feels like my voice sounds like I have a mouthful of water. Idk what’s going on. I get random bouts of emotions like crying or laughing. Really concerned again but this time it feels like it’s real and not just in my head

Go back and review how you were felling July 27th. How did you get to that place? The place where your fears had been beaten and the negative health thoughts had been gone. Try to get back to that place.

the nature of HA makes us feel like it’s ALWAYS real and NEVER just in our head. That’s what you have to get past, don’t let your brain trick you into thinking it’s real.

I appreciate the support @glassgirlw something just feels off. My throat seems like it’s very weak and my tongue feels stiff. Idk what’s going on

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread Information