Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

This really sucks. I hate feeling this way. Got out of it and now am back in. Can’t afford to go back to therapy. Ate lunch today and just felt weak the whole time. My throat feels like it’s struggling to get food down and my mouth feels like it can barely chew. I just feel like there is no end to this

So I’ve had this feeling of mouth tiredness when chewing. It came on after I started worrying about bulbar onset als. I googled it and things like TMj came up but nothing on als. So then I googled mouth tiredness + als (I know! I suffer from HA) and what came up was people who didn’t have als, worrying about als (on als forums). That should tell you everything you need to know I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    So I’ve had this feeling of mouth tiredness when chewing. It came on after I started worrying about bulbar onset als. I googled it and things like TMj came up but nothing on als. So then I googled mouth tiredness + als (I know! I suffer from HA) and what came up was people who didn’t have als, worrying about als (on als forums). That should tell you everything you need to know I reckon
    Yes it does but does it stop the urge/compulsion to google? What would stop the need to google?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Yes it does but does it stop the urge/compulsion to google? What would stop the need to google?
    Ha! And that there is the million dollar question! Xx

Do you want to stop googling? What does Dr Google give you that a consultant neurologist doesn't? Additional information to cover all eventualities? A second opinion? A source of torment which you need because you don't believe that you are healthy?

Sorry for the tirade of questions! I know it's basically self-sabotage which we all do ..frustratingly xxx

I agree that google sucks. I think we can all agree there. I just don’t want to go to a neurologist if I don’t have to. So of course I trade that for google

Why "of course"? Why is google a natural substitute for a face to face medical assessment which is geared towards you and your symptoms, not a whole raft of randoms who mostly are the worried well?

The best answer I have right now is that I don’t have the money

Quote Originally Posted by Cmartz2 View Post
    The best answer I have right now is that I don’t have the money
    But what price Dr Google in terms of ramping up your anxiety? Is it worth it?

I think you would find the money from somewhere if you were really convinced that you needed to see a neurologist? You wouldn't be wasting time with google.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information