Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

Quote Originally Posted by Cmartz2 View Post
    Hopefully someone has insight!
    Please THIS as often as you need to!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

I'm still in the same boat as you. Having a lot of twitching on the right side of my body. My right hand/arm feels weaker than my left. I also thought I was getting better at points but alas, I'm still convinced I have ALS.

There is reassurance that this seems to be a condition that many health anxiety sufferers seem to worry about and hopefully it is our minds playing tricks. But I'm totally with you on this.

Yes it’s the worst! Do you have tongue twitches when your tongue is at rest? Or lip twitches? That’s what I always get worked up about. And my right hand being stiff and feels like I’m losing some movement in jt

If I look at my tongue in the mirror I can see it twitching but I think this is normal if you're holding your tongue out?

I have had the lip twitching and also a twitch below my right eye and eyebrow which has concerned me! But yeah I've had stiffness of right hand that feels less dextrous, lots of twitching and what I'd describe as very minor cramps.

Yeah that’s definitely normal! I get them when my tongue is at rest. Which doesn’t seem normal. The hand thing is scary! But I’ve decided I can no longer ruin my hand by squeezing it and messing with it! I’ll wait until I can’t open it all😕

I think that's the thing with this fear. It's all about time. I guess if things don't get any worse i.e the hand weakness, then it's benign? The most worrying thing I'm having at the moment is a right shoulder twitch. It's almost been constant for the past week. Have you had localised twitching for a length of time?

Yes! I often get it in my quad. I never ever used to think anything about it till I thought I had als! My main thing now seems to be hypersalivating and tongue twitches. I don’t really know what to think about it and I’m slurring my words from time to time

Still not ALS

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Trying to get through it @fishmanpa! The excess saliva and twitching just has me worried and the slurred speech occuring

I've also got a weakness in my calf and right foot and when I go running they tire quicker than the left. Can these all really just be symptoms of anxiety?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information