Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

hello I am in the same boat! My pinky on left hand has been twitching on and off for almost 2 months now! Fearing the worst!

@worried well, if you’re running I would chalk that up as a win! If you had als I don’t think you would be running on your own or walking much either.

@shotta287 are you weak at all in that hand? I started taking b12, magnesium, and d3 (mainly) because of covid) but have noticed that the twitching has gotten a little better everywhere but my tongue. Now, with that being said I don’t tell you that saying you should take it and I would talk to your doc/ do your research beforehand. I’ve had a twitch in my leg since I was a runner and soccer player and that was over 10 years ago.

I'm so utterly convinced I have got ALS. From looking at stories of those unfortunately who have been diagnosed I seem to have very similar symptoms.

If we have similar symptoms to those diagnosed to als then the rate of als would be much higher than >1%. A twitch would mean we have als. Feeling weak is being weak. If you can run like you said you do not have als. You would be limping the entire time you ran as one or BOTH of your legs do not respond to movement. Take a deep breath! We are all on here assuming we are diagnosed with a terminal illness yet none of us seem to show patterns of it. I have to tell myself that everyday. You need to tell yourself that. We all do.

Thank you @Cmartz27 for your reassurance, it helps for sure. I'm comparing myself to someone who also ran frequently and said they had tight leg muscles which later turned out was ALS. They however were tripping whilst running which has yet not happened to me. I hate that somedays I have only very minor intrusive thoughts about it but today they're major. I wish the worry could just switch off.

There you go! It hasn’t happened and it won’t! Tight leg muscles is such a broad symptom. Sometimes the story isn’t fully there or it’s been told by other people who left something out. I hear you on the thoughts. It’s the worst. But (from what I’ve read) about als... it doesn’t come and go. It’s there. So keep running and running till you can’t anymore! We do only get one life. I’m here for you and with you! We can get through this together!

Thank you! That really helps, a lot! I think again, will just be a matter of time and seeing how things go! In this together for sure! There's got to be light at the end of the tunnel, right?!

You will be okay! Just keep the running going! There is light at the end of the tunnel for sure!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say I know how you feel . I’ve been in the als rabbit whole for over 2 years now . Twitching on and off all over my body . Theres been periods of times where I’m convinced I’m getting weaker but things go back to normal . It’s a hard place to get out of but you will get there eventually . Try not to worry and take lots of vitamins I think that’s why I’m twitching so much due to deficiency

Hi @Murphy93 thanks for the post. It seems to be a fairly common worry of those with health anxiety which is also reassuring. I can't see my way out of the rabbit hole just yet but I'm hoping it's not too far away!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information