Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Als scares

Re: Als scares

Thanks for the words @murphy93! Once we are all through this and on the right track we are going to look back and be so upset with all the time we wasted instead of living!! The only thing that is 100% guaranteed in life is death and until then we have to LIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cmartz2 View Post
    Thanks for the words @murphy93! Once we are all through this and on the right track we are going to look back and be so upset with all the time we wasted instead of living!! The only thing that is 100% guaranteed in life is death and until then we have to LIVE!
    So true C martz! Sometimes I look back 2 years ago when it all started and I can’t believe I’m still worrying I get so mad at myself . It’s such a waste of life and I think in recent times it’s show how all too precious it is

Being held back by it is the worst! I’m ready to move on and sometimes I feel like I’m going to then I’ll get a twitch and globus and I’ll
    Restart

I'm having such a bad day today 😕 It feels really tight and aches, which I'm thinking is spasticity, below my right calf and my right arm and leg/foot has been twitching all day. I'm certain this is ALS.

IÂ’m there with you. Having awful anxiety but IÂ’m 100% at fault there for drinking too much coffee. I know better, can you still run? Are you
    Stretching properly? Do you drain your legs after you run? How long had all of this been going on?

Ah I know coffee can really fuel the anxiety symptoms. I've not been for a run today but was thinking of going tomorrow. I went for a run yesterday and thought my leg would be feeling better today but it's worse. It's worrying me that it's all happening on the right side of my body I.e. the twitches, weakness, aches etc. I'm so worried.

Are you actually weak? Or is it perceived weakness. I know the feeling of being weak but until you fail to do something you are not weak. Muscle tension is very frequent in us stressors and anxiety. Do you take any vitamins or anything? Hydrate properly? Stretch before AND after running? Have you ever filmed your running form? I used to be a runner so I know how this all goes. Also, have you ever researched how hard running can be on your joints? There is a lot of conflicting info from
    Both sides but i don’t run anymore because it was too much force on my knees and I felt sore everyday.
    Also, just noticed my profile says I’m a female😭😭 messed that up! I’m a 27 year old male

I don't think it's actually weakness but I'm not so sure how to test it? I take a range of supplements and drink lots of water so can't it'd be anything related to that. I think my running form is fairly good? I've been running for a number of years now. But the ache/pain in my right leg is what is concerning me as I've not had it from running before.

You do realize none of you have ALS right? You just 'think' you do with absolutely no valid reason.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Don’t take offense to this as I’m being sarcastic but it’s very good to hear it’s “aches & pains” because als is not painful. I’m not an expert but I’ve read enough to know that. Read the sticky at the top of the page. Aches and pains point away. Can I ask you something? If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness today... what would you do? Continue to feel sorry for yourself or live your life to the fullest with the time you had left? Your diagnosing yourself with a terminal illness you do not have while people out here are actually being diagnosed and living as much as they can before they can no longer. I’m not saying this just to you @worried_91. I tell myself this all the time and it helps for a little or as long as possible. Just keep practicing on yourself and quit worrying about what isn’t there. The more you worry about a dent the more it will appear

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information